Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ceramic Coating-Who's coated their stock exhaust HE's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914_teener
So like some others I am in the process of changing back to the stock HE's.

I have a strategic plan to ceramic coat the stock ex changers to insulate near the ports of the heads to outgas quicker and then leave the inner exhaust tube bare on the outside for emissive puposes to heat exchange from the tubes but coat the shells to insulate for heat.

Hope this is clear and possible pics to follow.

Anybody done this?

Thanks is Advance

Rob
BeatNavy
I thought Matty (914Rubber) had done this. I've been waiting from some feedback, as I am interested as well.
sithot
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Feb 16 2018, 03:25 PM) *

I thought Matty (914Rubber) had done this. I've been waiting from some feedback, as I am interested as well.

Shaun at Tru-6 has done Cerakote. Other options are Jet Hot.

http://tru-6.com
He sent a photo of a 911R muffler he did which looked nice.
IronHillRestorations
I'd take a nice ceramic coated set of factory HE's over any of the aftermarket boxes any day. I've never, ever seen a broken mounting tab on them.
914_teener
QUOTE(Perry Kiehl @ Feb 16 2018, 01:35 PM) *

I'd take a nice ceramic coated set of factory HE's over any of the aftermarket boxes any day. I've never, ever seen a broken mounting tab on them.

They are way more robust, besides I notion I can rehab a set of 2.0 for less that half the cost of new SSI's. My own labor of course.
GeorgeRud
I had my 914-6 heat exchangers coated by Jet-Hot years ago and they still look great.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.