Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 74 914 at Mecum Auctions today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
don-6
There was a 1974 2.0 at the Mecum auto auction in Pomona Ca today.
It was set to go at the end of the day, so I didn't see the results.
Does it belong to anyone here?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
boxstr
It did not show up on the Mecum site.it May have been a no show on the block, or sold before it made it to the block.
Craig at CAMP
don-6
The Mecum program only went up to lot number S214.
The 914 was listed as lot number S241, maybe added after the program booklet was printed. The 914 was set to go up as the 4th from last car of the day.
SKL1
You think they could have fixed that weatherstripping?? Or retracted the seat belt???
jim_hoyland
It is a member here : VIN is in the database and attributed to cbuehling. He place a classified for the car,
see: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=310116&hl=

Interesting: database shows the color code as L991 Delphi Green
boxstr
The Mecum page I accessed showed the last car on the block Saturday as 244. It showed 239.1,242.1,243,244 the last car on the block.
Craig at CAMP
bandjoey
And just a “little bit of rust”. See the pictures. New buyer flipping the car looks like.
Boomingbeetle
I did take a look at it, and was tempted to bid if it was low. The bidding got up to $9,000 but did not sell or meet reserve.

You are correct, the original color was green, it shows through in some spots and where the black was flaked or rubbing off. This car may be "unrestored", but it had been converted to dual carbs. Other than the respray and who knows what bodywork, not much has been done to the car in many years. One interesting note, it did have a factory front swaybar installed.
914_7T3
QUOTE(Boomingbeetle @ Feb 19 2018, 11:51 AM) *

I did take a look at it, and was tempted to bid if it was low. The bidding got up to $9,000 but did not sell or meet reserve.

You are correct, the original color was green, it shows through in some spots and where the black was flaked or rubbing off. This car may be "unrestored", but it had been converted to dual carbs. Other than the respray and who knows what bodywork, not much has been done to the car in many years. One interesting note, it did have a factory front swaybar installed.

You can buy it today on Craigslist for only $29,999.00!

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d...6502982027.html
Mueller
Too bad is was repainted black, I suspect the person that did that has insecurity issues smile.gif
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(914 7T3 @ Feb 20 2018, 06:14 PM) *

You can buy it today on Craigslist for only $29,999.00!

The outrageousness, the audacity, the greed...the...the...the...
Boomingbeetle
The pictures make the car look great. It is not. It’s a 10-footer if I’ve ever seen one. I would have been in for $5k, maybe even $6, but when it got to $9 and the reserve didnt get pulled I was shocked.
EdwardBlume
I feel sorry for anyone buying this car for $30.

I know everyone needs to make a living and all, but it sure seems to suck the fun out of the room when greedy flippers surface... especially the ones who don't have enough talent to fix rubber roof trim. Screams of doing it for da dollas....
IronHillRestorations
I had a '74 2.0 years ago just like this, but it was truly black. It was repainted blue with steel flairs and a hot rod 3.2.
rhodyguy
lesson to be learned and money flushed down the crapper.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.