Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Uploading pics on my new MacBook Pro ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
I have uploaded pictures for years from my Samsong laptop, iPhone, and iPad; but I can't seem to coordinate the the upload on my new Mac Book Pro.

I have the photos on the Mac Book, but don't understand how to import one for uploading; the best I have done was to get the whole photo library in the upload file window..... sad.gif

There must be something I am missing; I have gone through the Dummy book to no avail....
SixerJ
Macs in respect to the photo library are a bit odd

Typing on my iPad so can’t qite remember the exact sequence but....

Highlight the picture you want to upload, click file, then look for export in the drop down.

Export to the file type you / image size to your desktop, once in 914world upload mode you can select the individual file from the desktop

Maybe there is a better way but that how I do it and it is a bit of a PITA on a desktop. Hence why I tend to post pictures off the iPad....
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(SixerJ @ Feb 18 2018, 06:33 AM) *

Highlight the picture you want to upload, click file, then look for export in the drop down.

Export to the file type you / image size to your desktop, once in 914world upload mode you can select the individual file from the desktop

Maybe there is a better way but that how I do it and it is a bit of a PITA on a desktop. Hence why I tend to post pictures off the iPad....

I tried this; seems too obtuse (PITA), seems like I shoul. Be able to select a pic direct from the photo library ?
76-914
Jim, do you mean that don’t know what to do next after you choose Select File from the boards site ? beerchug.gif
michael7810
Jim - go to an Apple store. They are very helpful with setting up your new Mac
mepstein
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Feb 18 2018, 11:28 AM) *

Jim - go to an Apple store. They are very helpful with setting up your new Mac

agree.gif
Tell them all the things you want to do and they will give you the best way to do it. Its good, free tech support.
burton73
QUOTE(SixerJ @ Feb 18 2018, 06:33 AM) *

agree.gif

Try this:
Double click on Photo Library. See the photo that you want and drag it to the desktop. Go into 914world upload mode you can select the individual picture from the desktop. You know the rest

What I do is Try drag the photo to the desktop. This makes a copy of it

Bob B
jim_hoyland
Thanks for the tips; I'll go to the Apple Store next week. If I get a hot tip, I'll post kit here....... smile.gif
Larmo63
Uploading photos from iPhone to a MacBook Pro to the internet is simple.

You are probably missing something really obvious in how you're doing it. headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.