Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Engine Deck Lid Seal Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ed_Turbo
Hi guys Happy Presidents Day holiday,

I went to check out Sierra Madre’s new warehouse and bought some parts from them. One was a rear engine deck lid seal for the 1975 914. Thing is that I am somewhat skeptical why this seal has a textured finish rather than the smooth type. We went over the diagram and looks like the correct part number and location.

Check out the picture:
Click to view attachment

Here is a mockup of where it should be:
Click to view attachment

Can you guys tell me about this? Why is it textured? Are these for the earlier 914’s? I am thinking of returning it.
Blue6
That is not the correct seal for the rear window to engine lid. It appears they sold you the rubber piece that go around the trailing edge of the engine lid. Remember it's in three pieces....
Larmo63
agree.gif

The 914 Rubber seal is completely different than that one.
rhodyguy
agree.gif that is the one for the rear edge of the lid.
porschetub
I bought the SM one years back and it wouldn't go on ,tried lubricant,swearing then beer.
I found it was made of 2 sections of rubber,I pulled the super glued join apart and fitted it in 2 pieces....been fine ever since,just not designed right.
That moulding the OP is pinch weld ,looks like the decklid stuff as mentioned.
Ed_Turbo
Dammit I new something was wrong. I should of trust my instincts, but I got it anyway just in case. I am returning this.

Looks like it goes here, I cannot see any other seal that looks the same.
Click to view attachment

When working on cars always expect some setbacks huh?
rhodyguy
The packaging is clearly marked. A management and staffing problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.