Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone need a nice driver side door?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Tdskip
No dents or rust of any sort that I can see.
Click to view attachment

.Click to view attachment

I am in SoCal
mgphoto
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Feb 18 2018, 12:33 PM) *

No dents or rust of any sort that I can see.
Click to view attachment

.Click to view attachment

I am in SoCal

I'm interested, where are you located in So. Cal?
Thanks,
Mike
scallyk9
I'm also interested but I'm located in suburban Seattle. Is there a speaker cut-out in the inner panel?
Tdskip
Hi guys - I am in Orange County.

I'd prefer local pick up but Greyhound works for bigger stuff.

Tdskip
Sorry for the upside down picture, that is glue on the door not rust.
infraredcalvin
Price?
bdstone914
So that is a late door with the scissors regulator ?
Tdskip
Click to view attachment
Tdskip
Click to view attachment
Tdskip
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Tdskip
$100 seems fair given conditon.
mlindner
Yes, that is a late door. If it does not have safety beam 72/73, if it does 73 to 76. Mark
scallyk9
QUOTE(mlindner @ Feb 19 2018, 09:11 AM) *

Yes, that is a late door. If it does not have safety beam 72/73, if it does 73 to 76. Mark

Very interesting. Something I did not know. My '74 LE has the passenger side panel removed so I looked inside it. At first, I could not see it but then noticed a second skin which is "corrugated" like the bottom of the spare tire area in the front trunk. It covers about the top 2/3 of the inside of the outer skin with a sort of cut-a-way arm is welded to the inside front jamb. This must add a lot of weight.

From the photographs, I can't really tell if this one has the safety reinforcement or not.
Tdskip
What angle do I need to take a picture at to determine whether it has the bar
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Feb 19 2018, 07:09 PM) *

From what I can see it doesn't have the beam. Roll the window up and then take a picture of the inside of the door. real late 72 and early 73 had the early style door (no beam) BUT had the later style window lift. Also the door usually rust in the weather strip channel along the bottom of the door towards the front curve up. Looks like a solid door, better than most, but need to check the weather strip channel before you can say 100% rust free.
marksteinhilber
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Feb 19 2018, 05:09 PM) *

Bar runs horizontal at widest point of door. There is also an extra piece at the front against the door skin. Yes, the late doors are heavier but safer in an accident. Early doors desired for track cars to save weight. Later scissor window lift seems more reliable than early cable gear driven lift. Doors start rusting in channel for door seal at bottom. Pull the foam rubber strip out to assess.
Tdskip
The door does not appear to have any additional bracing behind the window, it looks to have factory undercoating still but no obvious brace
mlindner
Tdskip, thats the kinda rare door most racers want. very light but still with window regulator upgrade. $100 is a deal. Best, Mark
Tdskip
Thanks for the additional info.

I have the passenger side which is the same, it has a dent in the door which I'll see if I can press out.

marksteinhilber
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Feb 20 2018, 08:52 AM) *

The door does not appear to have any additional bracing behind the window, it looks to have factory undercoating still but no obvious brace

It is the late door with the safety beam corrugated bracing that goes the length of the door at mid level, right inside the door skin. The beam makes it harder to remove dents though. It also has the extra triangular piece inside behind where everyone cuts out for speakers. Finally, with the scissor type lift, it is the later door and heavier for sure.
tygaboy
PM sent...
ruby914
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Feb 20 2018, 05:23 PM) *

Thanks for the additional info.

I have the passenger side which is the same, it has a dent in the door which I'll see if I can press out.

PM sent on the passenger side door.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.