Yea I need the piece under the drivers side headlight
https://imgur.com/a/N6rGp

Forum won't let me direct link
euro911
Complete car isn't worth saving, eh?
marksteinhilber
QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 18 2018, 05:57 PM) *

Complete car isn't worth saving, eh?

That car looked like a good tub just waiting for a replacement drive train, interior refresh and bodywork . Was there a problem with the hellhole, longitudinal, jack points or cowl. I might be interested in front fenders if they are harvested correctly at or beyond the spot welds.
Tdskip
No title or vin, center of the tub is excellent. Some of the from clip has been replaced.

Best to get eyes on it if local. Come on over Mark!
Tdskip
QUOTE(hockeymutt @ Feb 18 2018, 05:59 PM) *

Yea I need the piece under the drivers side headlight
https://imgur.com/a/N6rGp

Forum won't let me direct link

That picture helps. I’ll mark the section before cutting anything to make sure it is adequately sized.

Drop me a PM tomorrow.
PlantMan
What's up with the rims? I am partial to those Dan Gurny style wheels.
How about the head light buckets? Mine are a little rusty...
I am in Mission Viejo, I would not be able to get by until next weekend though.

Thx,
Kevin
Tdskip
QUOTE(PlantMan @ Feb 19 2018, 01:16 AM) *

What's up with the rims? I am partial to those Dan Gurny style wheels.
How about the head light buckets? Mine are a little rusty...
I am in Mission Viejo, I would not be able to get by until next weekend though.

Thx,
Kevin

Buckets are quite good, no rust. I'll put those aside for you.

The car has three matching rims and one Rivera (spelling?), need to be deep cleaned. It look decent actually.
Tdskip
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
marksteinhilber
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Feb 18 2018, 07:47 PM) *

No title or vin, center of the tub is excellent. Some of the from clip has been replaced.

Best to get eyes on it if local. Come on over Mark!

Yes, getting the title is pretty important. I guess if it is in good shape with good parts that you need it can be worthwhile. Parting out can pay for the real project. I’m very happy I have clean title and registration!
Tdskip
I really don't take any pleasure seeing a car get cut up, makes me really squeamish actually but I can't see anyway this could be titled so it might as well help others keep/get theirs back on the road.
Tdskip
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
euro911
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Feb 20 2018, 06:27 AM) *
I really don't take any pleasure seeing a car get cut up, makes me really squeamish actually but I can't see anyway this could be titled so it might as well help others keep/get theirs back on the road.
If you have a bill of sale from the person you purchased it from (or can he/she give you one), go to the DMV and fill out the statement of facts form.

https://itstillruns.com/bonded-title-california-8553081.html
Tdskip
QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 20 2018, 12:51 PM) *
If you have a bill of sale from the person you purchased it from (or can he/she give you one), go to the DMV and fill out the statement of facts form.

Hi Mark - good suggestion but the VIN tags and numbers have been removed. No way to trace ownership. I've done what you are suggesting on other cars but won't work without a VIN.
Luke M
How does the pass side door hinge post look ?
Any rust or damage ?

Let me know.

Thanks,
Tdskip
QUOTE(Luke M @ Feb 20 2018, 02:26 PM) *

How does the pass side door hinge post look ?
Any rust or damage ?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Hi Luke, it is good.
Tdskip
Click to view attachment

Driver side is similar.

Both doors removed now.
Tdskip
Wow - look at the condition of the long
Luke M
How does the door post look behind the rocker and inner fender area?
If you could post some pics that would be great.

Thanks
Tdskip
Click to view attachment
Tdskip
Click to view attachment
PlantMan
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Feb 20 2018, 08:40 AM) *

Fantastic!
I will send you a PM to schedule a time to pick up.

Thanks again.
Luke M
The one you have looks rougher then the one I currently have.
I'll pass on it.. Thanks again for taking the time to post the pics.
marksteinhilber
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Feb 20 2018, 03:40 PM) *

Wow! the condition of the long is excellent. Too bad about the VIN tags. Is the Vin stamped into the top of the inner front wheel well gone too? There might also be a Vin stamped on the trunk floor.. Guessing the Vin plates got removed to register a kit car as a Porsche, or the car had dicey past and was planned for track use only.... Looks like a ton of good parts!
Tdskip
QUOTE(marksteinhilber @ Feb 21 2018, 04:43 PM) *

QUOTE(Tdskip @ Feb 20 2018, 03:40 PM) *

Wow! the condition of the long is excellent. Too bad about the VIN tags. Is the Vin stamped into the top of the inner front wheel well gone too? There might also be a Vin stamped on the trunk floor.. Guessing the Vin plates got removed to register a kit car as a Porsche, or the car had dicey past and was planned for track use only.... Looks like a ton of good parts!

The rear, where the hell hole is, is just as perfect.

All the VINs are gone.

Lots here. Floors and firewall and fenders and door jams etc.
porsche914_73
Hi:
If in good condition, I'm interested on the entire panel highlighted on the picture that goes from behind the dash all the way to the front of the floor panels and then to the trunk (including the strut tower support if possible but not mandatory). Basically the entire section underneath the gas tank including the rear of the steering rack hump. Inner fender wells not needed as they're still in good shape as well as the trunk floor. The car was stored indoors for over 10 years but mice/rats made their nest there at some point, severely corroding the area with their secretions. I need the tank as well but I have long to go before I reinstall that. If you have it, let me know how much. The rest of the car is in excellent shape to include the floors, rear trunk, engine, longitudinals, hell hole etc.

I would have freighters pick it up as it is pretty a big piece for regular mail. Is it available? PM me with price if possible.

Thanks!

Fred

Click to view attachment

Tdskip
This car has been sold, sorry.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.