Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installing new Terry clutch cable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914zim
Guys:

I'm trying to get my new terry clutch cable in.
I tied a string to the old cable and the new cable, wrapped the joint in electrical tape and pulled it through 3 times, but the black sheathing (which needs to be on the rear of the cable) keeps slipping towards the front as I pull it through!
When I looked a little closer, it looks like the sheathing won't even fit through the tube in the firewall anyway!
After doing a search here on Terry cables, it sounds like I can't do the "tie and fish" method with the Terry cable. So, do I pull the old one out the back and put the new one in from the back too without tying them together and pulling through?

Thanks guys.... frustrating!! headbang.gif headbang.gif
Andy...
cametal
QUOTE (914zim @ Jun 2 2005, 09:31 PM)
Guys:

After doing a search here on Terry cables, it sounds like I can't do the "tie and fish" method with the Terry cable. So, do I pull the old one out the back and put the new one in from the back too without tying them together and pulling through?

Thanks guys.... frustrating!! headbang.gif  :headbang:
Andy...

That's how I do it.
JeffBowlsby
Yes. Cut the old cable at teh fire wall, pull out the old, push in the new. Very simple and no problems.

USE A MIRROR AT THE FRONT OF THE TUNNEL TO AVOID TANGLING THE NEW CABLE WITH THE THROTTLE CABLE OR BRAKE LINE!!!!!!

Lube the new cable with axle grease if you want a nice smooth clutch feel.

biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.