Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 LE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Bgyglfr
I'm gauging interest in my 914 LE. I would like the car to go to a real 914 enthusiast so it is posted here only. I pulled it from a barn a year ago. It had $31k miles on the odometer. I have a little bit of supporting documentation on this but far from complete. The engine is fresh and is in the process of being tuned. We repainted the bumpers and they yellow trim but left the original paint. It has patina including many dents and dings etc. I was planning on keeping the car for myself but I'm looking to raise some funds so here goes. I'm thinking $25k or close. If interested, send a PM and I will send my phone number we can discuss the car. I'm not interested in endless messaging back and forth. Please, if you are interested, pick up the phone and call.
Bruce Hinds
QUOTE(Bgyglfr @ Feb 19 2018, 05:37 PM) *

I'm gauging interest in my 914 LE. I would like the car to go to a real 914 enthusiast so it is posted here only. I pulled it from a barn a year ago. It had $31k miles on the odometer. I have a little bit of supporting documentation on this but far from complete. The engine is fresh and is in the process of being tuned. We repainted the bumpers and they yellow trim but left the original paint. It has patina including many dents and dings etc. I was planning on keeping the car for myself but I'm looking to raise some funds so here goes. I'm thinking $25k or close. If interested, send a PM and I will send my phone number we can discuss the car. I'm not interested in endless messaging back and forth. Please, if you are interested, pick up the phone and call.

Seems high - how about some pictures . . .
Bgyglfr
Can't seem to get the pics to load.
Bgyglfr
Here's a Photobucket link.

http://s1233.photobucket.com/user/bgyglfr/library/914LE
burton73
If you do not want countless messages back and forth I understand that but - Please have more pictures to answer the questions we may have. Carb or FI? Original Eng. Do you have the Porsche COA? Pictures of the problem areas. Hell hole, right long, trunk. How far is Brad Mayeur, 914 Ltd. East Peoria, IL from you to CK it out if it is a good one.

Thanks, This will help you get a buyer.

Bob B
porschetub
If interested, send a PM and I will send my phone number we can discuss the car. I'm not interested in endless messaging back and forth. Please, if you are interested, pick up the phone and call.
[/quote]

You will get all sorts wanting to know,by limiting people to a phone call is in this age its going to be a hard sale....that's reality.
You appear to be flipping this car so don't think you are selling a 911R,356 Carerra or a 914/6 and get carried away,these cars have a limited market.
There are better ways to sell on here,go well beer.gif .
Bgyglfr
Yes. I know Brad. This car is solid. With no rust other than some surface rust on the pan from sitting. It has the original engine and FI and it runs as it should.

I am going back and forth in my mind on wether to sell this car. Maybe that's why I want to make the buyer put in a little effort. If I were really trying to flip this car for the best money, it would be on BAT already. Either way, I believe if someone is serious, they should be willing to pick up the phone. If that's too challenging in this day and age. So be it. I'm not trying to start a debate on here about it. I might be a little high for this market but it's priced pretty close to what a clean 2.0 Is going for. $25k might be a stretch but it's a starting point. It's easier to drop the price than raise it. Lol
JamesM
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Feb 19 2018, 07:21 PM) *

Seems high - how about some pictures . . .

Maybe, maybe not. Guess it would depend on condition but the three bumblebees I am aware of that sold in the last year were all between 30-40k. Granted they were "restored" but at that rate 25k for a solid driver doesn't seem to out of line.

We are not living in the 90s anymore unfortunately, time to start buying cheap Boxters.
Cairo94507
I appreciate you posting here exclusively; however, if you are serious about selling this car, and it appears in the limited pictures posted to be nice, you really need to post the problem areas and obtain a COA from PCNA. GLWTS beerchug.gif
BENBRO02
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Feb 21 2018, 08:55 AM) *

I appreciate you posting here exclusively; however, if you are serious about selling this car, and it appears in the limited pictures posted to be nice, you really need to post the problem areas and obtain a COA from PCNA. GLWTS beerchug.gif

I read on another post that PCNA has temporarily stopped issuing COAs. If the owner doesn't already have one it might be difficult to prove the car is an authentic LE.
fishgeckos
QUOTE(BENBRO02 @ Feb 21 2018, 08:14 AM) *

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Feb 21 2018, 08:55 AM) *

I read on another post that PCNA has temporarily stopped issuing COAs. If the owner doesn't already have one it might be difficult to prove the car is an authentic LE.

I just received the COA for my car yesterday. It took 5 weeks for them to process the order.
MikeM
In my opinion COAs are now useless. Porsche is now demanding that the customer supplies engine and trans numbers. It seems all they do is print the COA with the info provided, which of course is useless.
Thoughts?
Mike
JeffBowlsby
You would be wrong. They want the applicant to provide the SNs because of corruption by some applicants.
MikeM
I want the factory to supply that information to me!! Not the other way around.As far as I can see that's the only way the COA means anything.
Mike
Bgyglfr
porsche confirmed today that it does have the Can Am package and that it is matching numbers. I ordered the COA.
scallyk9
Well, I tried to study the photographs in Photobucket but I surrendered to all the pop-ups and ads (with music) that you can't remove.

That said, I own a Bumblebee (14584) and several items on this one are not accurate. I would need more photos and documentation to even consider this one at a 25k price. Not saying it's not possible, as there are several 914s of lesser value currently priced for more on eBay. Especially the same Bumblebee that shows up regularly and located in Poland. Many inaccuracies on that one but the seller is asking $39k.
Cairo94507
Yeah, tried to look at the pictures too; nothing but ads popping up. If you can't post pictures you are costing yourself possible buyers. Not that I was a buyer, but I am just saying pictures help. GLWTS
Bgyglfr
Scallyk9. What is inaccurate other than the steering wheel, repainted yellow trim and the fact I took the bumperettes off? I intentionally did not repainted the car because it still has the original pale yellow decals and I didn't want to use repops. Everything else is as it left the factory from my understanding.
Ferg
This thread is pretty useless without proper pictures of the normal trouble areas.
JeffBowlsby
I have been seeing more and more 'patina' 914LEs lately, its kind of a new paradigm for these cars. Many of the cars on the 914 LE Registry are either project cars, some are drivers, and a very few are pristine concours quality cars. I think its great that this owner has elected to keep the car original in spite of its condition imperfections - keeps it honest and exudes a certain grittiness that is appealing.

It appears to have its original front spoiler intact which is very seldom seen. 914 buyers today are typically well informed about the conditions susceptible to problems and will need to know more about whether they exist on this car. Here is a CS with what I am talking about. What do you think? GLWTS
Bgyglfr
Thanks Jeff. That front bumper is what mine looked like when I got the car. Maybe I should have left those pieces as is too. It's done now. Lol. I am planning to have as many of the dings removed sometime in the next couple weeks by a paintless dent guy. We had to do some fiberglass repair to the spoiler but it still shows the correct part number. Honestly, I'm beginning to have second thoughts on selling. I might have to unload some of my 911 parts to make up the funds I'm needing instead.
Ferg
I recognize that Creamsicle Jeff, just now sold I'm told, belonged to a good friend.
iwanta914-6
I had the seller send me the pictures to try and get them up for him.

Here's what he sent:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Bgyglfr
Thanks for posting the pics.
burton73
Here is the link for the car when you bought it. This should help. I followed it back then. As this is the second engine you have had in it, is the factory eng. with fuel injection now in the car rebuilt. By who?

Bob B

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=305001&hl

Bgyglfr
Burton, thanks. I never thought to post that thread. I rebuilt the motor myself using the Raby video. The engine in it is the original matching numbers motor.
burton73
QUOTE(Bgyglfr @ Mar 1 2018, 06:14 PM) *

Burton, thanks. I never thought to post that thread. I rebuilt the motor myself using the Raby video. The engine in it is the original matching numbers motor.

Does it have the factory FI?

Thanks,

Bob B
Bgyglfr
Yes
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.