Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Glove box
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
daytona
Hi all,
I am looking for help again. I am trying to remove a glove box from a parts car so I can install it on the 6-conversion build. Does the dashboard have to come out in order to remove the glove box? These things are fragile and I don't want to ruin it so I figured I better ask those who know.
Thanks,
Bill.
mepstein
Held in by a metal strap behind the box. You can reach under the dash and remove one side of the strap. a small flashlight will help you see the connections.
Morrie
Just use caution to not remove the glove box door hardware if you don't need to. It is a pretty involved project to just get the dang springs attached.
daytona
Hi guys,
Thanks for the responses.
I will not touch the glove box door. The project car has the glove box door in place it is just missing the glove box compartment.
I am so happy right now that I don't have to remove the dashboard in order to remove and install the glove box compartment.
Thanks again. Will let you know how it turns out.
Bill.
simonjb
Just put mine back in. Its easiest if you remove the radio. Then you can get access to the nut that holds the metal strap on.
daytona
Thanks for the tip simonjb.
daytona
Hi guys,
I have follow the directions offered here but I still can't get the glove box compartment out of the donor car.
I have removed the strap that holds it in place, and the compartment is now loose. I have moved it in very direction and wiggled it, but it still will not come out. There doesn't seem to be anything in its way. The box seems a bit brittle and I am afraid of braking it if I force it. Any hints???
Thanks,
Bill.
simonjb
As long as two inside screws are removed and the strap - it should come out - Down and towards front of car. I did use a reasonable amount of force.
simonjb
Silly question, but you did take these two screws out right?

Click to view attachment
Morrie
Hi Guys,

When I replaced mine, I combined notes from threads and condensed into enough information to get me through the process. See if these cheat sheet summaries help you out. Nothing new, just notes and pics you could print and take to the car, if that helps.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.