Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 on CL
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ace Le Count
Hey guys! So I was on Craigslist yesterday and found a 1970 914. $2,500. The rust isn't that bad. Probably because it's located in New Mexico. It looks completely original in untouched, though. Even the wheels are original. I owned a 71 a few years back. But it was just a bucket O rust. This one doesn't seem like it's that far gone. It even runs! Not very roadworthy right now, though. Do you think this is a good deal??
KELTY360
welcome.png

That's not a lot of info to go on, but $2500 for a straight, running car is a good start. There's always more rust than you think, so beware. Any time you see hints of rot, like bubbles in the paint, there's way more underneath. Good luck.
Lucky9146
QUOTE(Ace Le Count @ Feb 20 2018, 08:36 AM) *

Hey guys! So I was on Craigslist yesterday and found a 1970 914. $2,500. The rust isn't that bad. Probably because it's located in New Mexico. It looks completely original in untouched, though. Even the wheels are original. I owned a 71 a few years back. But it was just a bucket O rust. This one doesn't seem like it's that far gone. It even runs! Not very roadworthy right now, though. Do you think this is a good deal??

Very difficult to say without pictures. Your comment "The rust isn't that bad." means lots of different things to different people. You need to know what the hell hole looks like and the longs and floors and the....... and the..........
Can you provide pictures?
Best of luck and welcome.png
white914.jpg
dr914@autoatlanta.com
any complete 914 is worth 2500 these days just for the junk value!!!
SirAndy
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Feb 20 2018, 08:43 AM) *
There's always more rust than you think, so beware.

agree.gif

Ain't that the truth ...
sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.