Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Accelerator Pedal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Several years ago, I purchased a set of TMP pedal covers and a separate accelerator pedal. They are NLA according to Pelican.
Recently, the shaft from the pedal cluster to the back of the accelerator pedal began to fall out; the cup on the accelerator pedal is too worn.

I’m wondering if an old rubber accelerator pedal could be a donar for just the portion needed to accept the shaft.

Here are some pics of The TMP accelerator pedal and their receiver to get an idea of what i’m looking at.

rgalla9146
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 20 2018, 07:12 PM) *

Several years ago, I purchased a set of TMP pedal covers and a separate accelerator pedal. They are NLA according to Pelican.
Recently, the shaft from the pedal cluster to the back of the accelerator pedal began to fall out; the cup on the accelerator pedal is too worn.

I’m wondering if an old rubber accelerator pedal could be a donar for just the portion needed to accept the shaft.

Here are some pics of The TMP accelerator pedal and their receiver to get an idea of what i’m looking at.

It looks like there are two sockets (for choice of ratio) ....are both too loose ?
You might try a ball socket as used on the front of the accelerator cable....
see if the ball on your accel. push rod will enter the cable end piece.
if it does figure some way to attach it to the pedal
Gas pedals are NLA for early 911s and 914s ?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Feb 20 2018, 04:36 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 20 2018, 07:12 PM) *

It looks like there are two sockets (for choice of ratio) ....are both too loose ?
You might try a ball socket as used on the front of the accelerator cable....
see if the ball on your accel. push rod will enter the cable end piece.
if it does figure some way to attach it to the pedal
Gas pedals are NLA for early 911s and 914s ?

Both sockets are worn.
falcor75
Can you buy a pedal from 914 rubber and cut it so it fits like your old rubber part? Then you'd at least have the rubber cup?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(falcor75 @ Feb 21 2018, 04:25 AM) *

Can you buy a pedal from 914 rubber and cut it so it fits like your old rubber part? Then you'd at least have the rubber cup?

If I can locate an old pedal nobody using that might be sufficient. I remember my old rubber pedal broke at the base but the rubber cup still functioned.

Anyone got one ? If you have one and could post a picture of the back, it will help.....
majkos1
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 21 2018, 07:49 AM) *

If I can locate an old pedal nobody using that might be sufficient. I remember my old rubber pedal broke at the base but the rubber cup still functioned.

Anyone got one ? If you have one and could post a picture of the back, it will help.....

PM me your address,

I've bunches of em.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(majkos1 @ Feb 21 2018, 05:22 AM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 21 2018, 07:49 AM) *

PM me your address,

I've bunches of em.

Thank you smile.gif PM sent
sb914
I love this place ! wub.gif
mankowski
I have this one. The hinge at the base is rusted out from a leaky master cylinder. But the top is fine. I can send it to you if majkos1 does not come through.Click to view attachment
Mueller
A tad hijack here... years ago my father-in-law bought a rough early 911T , car ran okay but was way down on power when he test drove it but bought the car anyway.

The next weekend I looked at the car to get an idea what could be wrong power wise so with the car off I had him step on the throttle while I looked at the linkage on the dual carbs. Turns out the ball on the back of the throttle pedal popped out of the socket. I put it back correctly and car had plenty of power for what it was, cheapest HP increase I've ever performed.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(mankowski @ Feb 21 2018, 09:27 PM) *

I have this one. The hinge at the base is rusted out from a leaky master cylinder. But the top is fine. I can send it to you if majkos1 does not come through.Click to view attachment

Thank you.
Good pic of the back. The socket is definitely well formed to accept the ball on the pedal rod
rhodyguy
Perhaps a member with a 3D printer could whip up a copy of the worn piece?
burton73
I was looking at one that was in one of my cars and the thing is the Porsche peddle has a spring action in the fact that the peddle bolts to the floor and the hinge or the area where it bends, makes it spring back to the no gas position. This action would give the foot resistance just like a spring.

Just pointing this out.

Bob B
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(burton73 @ Feb 22 2018, 08:13 AM) *

I was looking at one that was in one of my cars and the thing is the Porsche peddle has a spring action in the fact that the peddle bolts to the floor and the hinge or the area where it bends, makes it spring back to the no gas position. This action would give the foot resistance just like a spring.

Just pointing this out.

Bob B

The 914 pedal has “spring” action?? Never noticed dry.gif
burton73
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 22 2018, 09:42 AM) *

QUOTE(burton73 @ Feb 22 2018, 08:13 AM) *

Just pointing this out.

Bob B

The 914 pedal has “spring” action?? Never noticed dry.gif

I am keeping my stock pedal. I have to work out the linkage, as I am not using the stock cluster in my v8 car.

Bob B
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
FYI,
I put a new accel Pedal on my 6 the spring return action was too slow to go back to idle on the new one..When back to the old Pedal no issues..
Is the 4 VS the 6 Pedal different?
Thanks,914
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.