Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Calling all DFW Teener Owners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
On March 10th, Maverick Region PCA will be holding Cars and Coffee at Zims Autotechnik, beginning at 8:30 am. It is also celebrating 50 years of the 914.

Click to view attachment

Betty and I will definitely be there with her 914, and hopefully with the Six (If I can get it running and inspected in time).

We hope that every 914 owner around the DFW area brings their 914 out to the event. The address is 1804 Reliance Parkway, Bedford, TX. 76021.

Google Maps Link

aharder
I'm marking my calendar and keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be in town biggrin.gif
Rob-O
I think I’ll be able to make this. Would be good to see like minded folks, it’s been awhile.
dcheek
While I think any 914 celebration is worthy, I'm a little confused, as are others, as to what year is the official 50th year?? Has the factory published or planned anything yet?

See discussion in this thread:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...0th+anniversary

Dave
02loftsmoor
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 21 2018, 05:04 PM) *

On March 10th, Maverick Region PCA will be holding Cars and Coffee at Zims Autotechnik, beginning at 8:30 am. It is also celebrating 50 years of the 914.

Click to view attachment

Betty and I will definitely be there with her 914, and hopefully with the Six (If I can get it running and inspected in time).

We hope that every 914 owner around the DFW area brings their 914 out to the event. The address is 1804 Reliance Parkway, Bedford, TX. 76021.

Google Maps Link

Clay bring your puller please I need the fan hub pull off my crank, I'm bringing the whole engine
fishgeckos
Sounds fun. I'll be coming from Rockwall with my newish (to me) 914. Would be great to meet you guys. beerchug.gif
aharder
Bump biggrin.gif
Literati914
Um, from what I remember the Zim's thing used to be more of a local swap meet type thing. It's been a while since I've attended.. my impression is that 'cars & coffee' or Mavs&Mochas is not necessarily that sort of thing - is that right?

Doug C
ClayPerrine
Cars and Coffee is a separate item from the annual swap meet.

No parts, just a bunch of people talking cars.
old914dog
I will be there. Even bought some new Bridgestones!! Old tires had 7/32 tread but over 10 years old and cracking. Discount tires would not add air due to age!!
02loftsmoor
icon_bump.gif
ClayPerrine
Bumping to the front page for anyone who might have missed it.

piratenanner.gif
Rob-O
So what are we going to see, Clay? A -6 or a 4.0L?
Betty
QUOTE(Rob-O @ Mar 6 2018, 12:51 PM) *

Clay's out in the garage as I type working on the original six (Elwood) to get him ready to be inspected so we can bring him on Saturday. My 1.8 will be there also.

Clay's car with the 4.0 L flat six is taking more time than he originally thought, but the transmission adapter plate is done, they're now working on a spacer of some sort.

So... original six and 1.8 four banger to answer your question. biggrin.gif
Rob-O
QUOTE(Betty @ Mar 6 2018, 04:09 PM) *

Clay's out in the garage as I type working on the original six (Elwood) to get him ready to be inspected so we can bring him on Saturday. My 1.8 will be there also.

Clay's car with the 4.0 L flat six is taking more time than he originally thought, but the transmission adapter plate is done, they're now working on a spacer of some sort.

piratenanner.gif

Looking forward to it.
02loftsmoor
QUOTE(Rob-O @ Mar 6 2018, 10:05 PM) *

QUOTE(Betty @ Mar 6 2018, 04:09 PM) *

piratenanner.gif

Looking forward to it.

Betty Can you have Clay bring his puller, I'll have my engine in the back of my truck.

ClayPerrine
Just bumping to the top.

Bringing the real six. And the puller...

icon_bump.gif
ClayPerrine
Another (last) bump. icon_bump.gif

Gotta go home and clean out an idle jet for the #3 cylinder to get Elwood to idle on all six.

As well as wash and vacuum two cars for tomorrow.

FERG.gif
Rob-O
I’ll be there!
Betty
Looks like it'll be a strong 914 turnout. We even talked our next door neighbor into bringing his 914! cheer.gif

There are going to be some cars there that you just stand and stare at and go... WOW!!!
bandjoey
A great turnout. A few pics:
02loftsmoor

Clay thanks for bringing your puller and popping of my fan hub.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.