Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can someone ID these headers? Think they are worth at least $100?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Currently on car, no idea what brand or what they are worth. I want to go with HE's and running motor I am looking at has HE's!

(not looking forward to dropping this ugly oily mess of a motor and transmission)

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
infraredcalvin
Those look close to European headers... I had a nice similar set I underpriced and posted a year or two ago for 400 and had guys climbing all over to get them...

They had stubs with flanges that bolted to the heads, then the headers bolted to the flanges. It was easy and quick to get them on and off. Apparently that’s what made them really desireable. Do some searches before posting for 100, i think they might be worth more...

Edit, found link for what I had:

http://www.gt-racing.com/porsche-914-europ...art-914-4-158h/
brant
Mike

I can’t tell from your pics. Do they have separate stub pipes?

They look like Kerry hunters but kh do not have stub pipes
JamesM
QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Feb 22 2018, 10:07 PM) *

Those look close to European headers... I had a nice similar set I underpriced and posted a year or two ago for 400 and had guys climbing all over to get them...

They had stubs with flanges that bolted to the heads, then the headers bolted to the flanges. It was easy and quick to get them on and off. Apparently that’s what made them really desireable. Do some searches before posting for 100, i think they might be worth more...

Edit, found link for what I had:

http://www.gt-racing.com/porsche-914-europ...art-914-4-158h/

The collector on the Eurorace headers is on the passenger side, these look more like Kerry hunters.
MLedesma
Those look like Kerry Hunter headers to me. Very similar to a set I sold 5 years ago for $250. However on yours someone decided to weld the pipes to the 4 into 1 collector, they are supposed to be a slip fit. I would think this would make it harder/more expensive to ship (oversize). It also may cause some additional work to install on another engine.
Mueller
QUOTE(MLedesma @ Feb 23 2018, 07:19 AM) *

Those look like Kerry Hunter headers to me. Very similar to a set I sold 5 years ago for $250. However on yours someone decided to weld the pipes to the 4 into 1 collector, they are supposed to be a slip fit. I would think this would make it harder/more expensive to ship (oversize). It also may cause some additional work to install on another engine.

Good catch...ugly welds as well smile.gif

Thanks for the feed back.
Triaddave
For sure, not a Triad product.
Triaddave
not a Triad product.
Mueller
No stub pipes.... PO says he had to weld up many small holes so it might just end up in the recycling bin at home.
marksteinhilber
QUOTE(Mueller @ Feb 23 2018, 10:34 AM) *

No stub pipes.... PO says he had to weld up many small holes so it might just end up in the recycling bin at home.

If there's no holes, I think they'd probably be worth $250 -300.
If they had stub pipes and a good muffler, $400+
If they had stub pipes and were jet hot or otherwise coated $500
If they were polished stainless $600+

Just new stub pipes cost $200
dougcoup
I have engine I am going to race set up, but have HE if you would like to swap out, dual exhaust Monza I assume. Photos if you want

Let talk if you want.
Mueller
QUOTE(dougcoup @ Mar 27 2018, 03:22 PM) *

I have engine I am going to race set up, but have HE if you would like to swap out, dual exhaust Monza I assume. Photos if you want

Let talk if you want.

I had someone local interested in them , if he does not want them you can have them for the price of shipping, they might be coming off this weekend.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.