Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New cover photo for the Facebook page Rememberances of Elkhart Lake/ Road Atlanta
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
You’d think they could have found one with at least factory sway bars? evilgrin.gif
Cracker
...that would probably be Road AMERICA - unless I missed something.

Cracker
dr.tim
agree.gif Looks to be turn 5.
sixnotfour
awesome...
Freezin 914
QUOTE(dr.tim @ Feb 22 2018, 10:42 PM) *

agree.gif Looks to be turn 5.

In my “back yard”, agree.gif and second the motion!
GregAmy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 22 2018, 10:03 PM) *

You’d think they could have found one with at least factory sway bars? evilgrin.gif

lol

I'm guessing Showroom Stock, circa early-80s? Back then, optional equipment wasn't allowed (thus the steelies). Nor was aftermarket brake pads, seats, nuthin'. Hell, in the 70s a rollbar was only "recommended".

I remember going through a set of factory pads per session in the Dodge FWD turbo cars.
GeorgeRud
There was a married couple (Ben and Dolly Herschel) that raced their 914s in Showroom Stock in the Midwest back in the day, and this definitely is corner 5 at Road America. I had some other acquaintances racing them back in the day, and the rules were pretty strict. I wonder whose car that was? I don’t think the SCCA was very friendly to Porsche back in those days, though Jo Hoppen was a big supporter of the Formula V class.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.