Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Funny conversation at stop light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ValcoOscar
I'm serious...I took my blue 914 out a few nights ago and had the following strange conversation at an intersection. Guy had on a KISS bandana and was driving a ragady red lifted 80’s Toyota PU. Just setting the mood. Mind you, I was a KISS fan back in the day.

Admirer: Hey, I like your 914

Me: Thanks

Admirer: I had one like yours but mine was a 916

Me: Wow..that’s a rare car

Admirer: I made it faster converting it to full AC

Me: Full AC?

Admirer: Yeah, electric

Me: Really

Admirer: It was much faster

Light turned green and I took off…he left me speechless
76-914
They really are conversation starters. Your blue one is certainly no exception. beerchug.gif
vw_porsche
Oh, I'm sure we all can go on for ever about stop light or gas station conversations. lol
Here are a few of my favorites...
"Is that a Ferrari?"
"Is that a Fiero?"
(While pumping gas) "Are you putting gas in your engine?"
"Where's your engine at?"
"I love your Lotus."
"Is that an old MR2?"
gothspeed
maybe he had '916' bumpers? idea.gif
Larmo63
I had a guy chase me down on the freeway the other day in a big 7 series BMW. At the offramp, he pulled up right next to me and asked me all sorts of questions about my car as he was admiring it. All the while traffic is loading up behind us as the light turns green. I can't exactly roll electric windows down on a 914, so he's shouting out of his driver's side, people are honking, you get the picture.

I didn't want to be rude and just drive off.......?
Mueller
QUOTE(gothspeed @ Feb 23 2018, 08:25 AM) *

I'm not saying he did too drugs, I'm saying he did the wrong drugs smile.gif

Never been a fan of KISS, I think I like about 2 of their songs, more of an Ozzy, Iron Maiden or early Tubes fan.
Triaddave
I had removed the Porsche letters,and the 914 from the back and had nothing on the car that said it was a 914 Porsche.
I got a parking ticket at Lion's gate park on my way to Whistler...type of car...TRIAD.
I paid the ticket.
scott_in_nh
I took the 914 to the fireworks store a couple of days before the 4th of July and came out with a large shopping cart over packed top and bottom with fireworks.

A guys saw me heading toward the 914 and said laughingly "I gotta see how you get all that in that little car" lol-2.gif

I told him, "it's not going to be as hard as you think, it has two trunks".

Hey say "oh, ok", but then you could see what I said begin to sink in and he added "then where's the motor?" huh.gif

"Doesn't have one, it has peddles" I answered happy11.gif

I loaded the booty and then let him off the hook as to where the "mystery motor" was rolleyes.gif

gothspeed
QUOTE(Mueller @ Feb 23 2018, 08:43 AM) *

QUOTE(gothspeed @ Feb 23 2018, 08:25 AM) *

I'm not saying he did too drugs, I'm saying he did the wrong drugs smile.gif

Never been a fan of KISS, I think I like about 2 of their songs, more of an Ozzy, Iron Maiden or early Tubes fan.

I recently began to appreciate KISS and as you mentioned they have at least two good songs. But I can't argue Ozzy and Maiden!! aktion035.gif
Dredwin
It is funny how many people come up to me and say they have a 914 back in the day. I even had a guy wait outside my car (he also had a dog in his car) outside Costco. Since it was around closing time, he figured I'd come out and waited just to chat a bit. I think he had a 911 he was trying to restore and had a 914 before it.

This is definitely not the car to have if you don't want to be bothered by anyone since I always get comments.
Front yard mechanic
One of my favsClick to view attachment
ValcoOscar
Jeepers!!

Maybe it was Mike Tyson, or Elon Musk in disguise....
Tom_T
QUOTE(gothspeed @ Feb 23 2018, 09:25 AM) *

.... or ..... maybe he had a "no clue"!? biggrin.gif

Great story Oscar!

I like to go up to other 914 owners at gas stations & car shows/concours & ask where the heck the motor is!?
... or why they're pouring gas into the trunk & offer my spare gas can to hold it!?
blink.gif

Especially when wearing a 914 T-shirt or hat or something semi-obvious!

It's surprising how long it takes them to realize that they're "being had" by a fellow 914 owner - but I guess that the age old 914 questions just make 914ers dumbfounded & unable to see anything else, while they're thinking of a polite or smart-a$$ comeback! happy11.gif

I'm also not much of a KISS fan, but am a fan of other "period correct" music from my formative years of the 1950's & 60's & `70's!

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Mike Bellis
Come on! You all remember?

The Porsche 916E. The experimental electric race street car Porsche never built?

It was faster than anything never made... smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.