Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Trunk Won't Open Today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ovation919
Does anyone have any tips on how to open the front trunk when it no longer release by pulling the handle?
914 RZ-1
Take your front bumper off. There is a hole (probably covered with a plug) opposite the latch. Remove the cover and you can use a wire or screwdriver to open the latch.

You could also try using pliers to pull the wire if you have any you can grab. If the wire broke inside the front truck you'll have to do the first thing suggested.
ovation919
QUOTE(914 RZ-1 @ Feb 23 2018, 03:29 PM) *

Take your front bumper off. There is a hole (probably covered with a plug) opposite the latch. Remove the cover and you can use a wire or screwdriver to open the latch.

You could also try using pliers to pull the wire if you have any you can grab. If the wire broke inside the front truck you'll have to do the first thing suggested.

smiley_notworthy.gif

Thanks
dr914@autoatlanta.com
after opening you will have to take the front cable loose from the catch and spray wd40 down the catheter and work it a bit finally putting some lithium grease inside the tube so that the cable will work easily. Your girlfriend should be able to pull the cable to release with two fingers

QUOTE(ovation919 @ Feb 23 2018, 04:16 PM) *

Does anyone have any tips on how to open the front trunk when it no longer release by pulling the handle?
mepstein
Remove the bumper. Had to do it with mine when I first bought it. Make sure to lube up the cable and all moving parts once you get it open.
Coondog

First I would have someone push down on the hood while you try the release handle.
If that fails, see above.
toolguy
QUOTE(Coondog @ Feb 23 2018, 04:16 PM) *

First I would have someone push down on the hood while you try the release handle.
If that fails, see above.

+1 for this. . agree.gif
Have someone push down on the lid first to release pressure on the latch catch, , then pull the handle. . If the cable isn't broken or slipping completely this has worked for me. .
Mikey914
Check your pull cable tube, if it has cracks it will flex amd make opening the hood more difficult.
Got new cable rubes if you need one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.