Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Project decision on 70 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
sixaddict
This is one of those stupid posts....in that I am arm wrestling with myself on direction of this project. Have owned this in current condition since 2006..( How silly is that). Originally bought to do conversion then found buying one already done was much cheaper ( and most likely still is)
So this car is a roller so original 4 cylinder is lone gone. My dilemma is to build a "stock " car with a later 2.0 or convert. Not high on the latter. Also might consider selling but not as fire sale.
It may look crappy but it has no rot or collision damage I can find. Battery tray has been removed but metal is otherwise good. Had stripped floor tar long ago and primed but put aside.
The basic question is with non matching 4 cylinder is the car scarred from a price perspective.

Could also use as donor for a real six build but that seems like heresy.
So how does the brain trust shake out on this one ?
TOT
Yes it is Adriatic blue
Click to view attachment
mepstein
What’s your end goal? Cool car for yourself or build to sell.

sixaddict
Good question.
I suspect cool car for self but toys always have to be expendable if life gets in the way. So I want to be able to sell for what I have in it...... from that perspective the objective is be able to sell.
It maybe any build puts me upside down.

quote name='mepstein' date='Feb 24 2018, 05:49 PM' post='2582807']
What’s your end goal? Cool car for yourself or build to sell.
[/quote]
Cracker
I know you and how your attention to detail gets you carried away - run, run for the hills my friend! That little car will cost you - even with your stash!

T
sixaddict

confused24.gif who me

QUOTE(Cracker @ Feb 25 2018, 04:21 PM) *

I know you and how your attention to detail gets you carried away - run, run for the hills my friend! That little car will cost you - even with your stash!

T

QUOTE(Cracker @ Feb 25 2018, 04:21 PM) *

T

sholman5
It also depends on how much time and money that is being put into the one parked behind it. I have a 73 1.7 that isn't all original. It has had a respray in 1986, wheels are minilites I have the steel ones. Yes it is not all original, but the old saying a car is only original once. There are more
enthusists who like and enjoy a nice example of a beautiful car. I have one that I want to keep as close to original as I can. I am now wanting one that I can do what I want to. I have a 72 that has rust that beyond repair, longs and rear suspension mounts the rest is good. Now searching for a clean roller for a nice and slightly modified build. Basically you have to do what makes you happy. If you build it. It will sell.
mepstein
Sell it to me. My first 914 was an Adriatic blue "70. I want another one.

I know my old one isn't yours because mine had a pretty paint job but was so rusty underneath that the right rear wheel tilted in a little more each month. I got rid of it before it fell off.
Cracker
Mark,

Be careful what you wish for...you'll have another project stealing your attention.

T

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 11 2018, 09:00 AM) *

"Sell it to me. My first 914 was an Adriatic..."

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.