Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Momo horn button question..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Freezin 914
Hey everyone, I have changed my stock wheel to a protipo. I had purchased an additional horn button with the Porsche badge on it, when installed it “shorts out” and is basically sounds the horn constantly. After having this happen, went to the stock button. No issues. I would like to use the Porsche button if at all possible. Even if that means buying another button from another vendor. Any suggestions on this?
Steve
Maybe take some pictures. My Porsche momo button has two spade connectors. One goes to ground via one of the hub screws and the other goes to the wire from the horn ring. Pretty straight forward...
oakdalecurtis
It's been a long time since I installed my Momo, but I remember that I had to use a Dremel tool to grind away a little aluminum inside the steering wheel so as to prevent the spade connector from contacting ground.
Rob-O
If your connections aren’t causing the short (mine weren’t when I installed my Porsche crest button) then I think I know the issue. The Momo button is just a think piece of aluminum. The Porsche crest button is thicker since it has leather as part of the button. That meant when I installed the Porsche crest button it was effectively ‘pushed’ all the time, causing the horn to sound. Try to install the Porsche button without the wires connected. Does it feel like there is very little movement to depress the button? If so that’s most likely your issue. There is a little cone piece under the button that I had to flatten slightly to give the button more play.

The electrical connections are simple. One to power and one negative. For negative I just placed the wire under the large wave washer that goes on before the large but that holds the steering wheel on.

Hope this helps!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.