Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1972 1.8 engine and transmission
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Ben and Ralph
Just pulled this engine out of my 914. I have no paperwork on it but it was rebuilt before being put in the car and I have been driving it for approximately four years. If I had to guess it has less then 25,000 miles on it.

The engine started off as a 1.7 but was built to a 1.8 when rebuilt. Ran a compression test and all four cylinders are reading 130. The engine has dual solex 40 single barrel carbs.

Transmission is a tailshift which is in good running condition, was also rebuilt before being but it in four years ago. Unfortunately no paperwork.

Asking $500 for the engine, local pick up only from Los Angeles County Area. Transmission is negotiable. The car was running and driving on the freeway this morning with both engine and trans.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Krieger
Dang good deal!
porschetub
Wonder if those carbs were on the motor from new? if so it will be a European spec,I remember seeing one of those in a shipment of parts a guy had imported from Europe when he moved here to live.
914_teener
QUOTE(Ben and Ralph @ Feb 25 2018, 09:46 PM) *

Just pulled this engine out of my 914. I have no paperwork on it but it was rebuilt before being put in the car and I have been driving it for approximately four years. If I had to guess it has less then 25,000 miles on it.

The engine started off as a 1.7 but was built to a 1.8 when rebuilt. Ran a compression test and all four cylinders are reading 130. The engine has dual solex 40 single barrel carbs.

Transmission is a tailshift which is in good running condition, was also rebuilt before being but it in four years ago. Unfortunately no paperwork.

Asking $500 for the engine, local pick up only from Los Angeles County Area. Transmission is negotiable. The car was running and driving on the freeway this morning with both engine and trans.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Can you post a shot of the exhaust ports....?

burton73
PM sent.

Bob B
David.laRuse
I WILL GIVE YOU $500.00/CASH FOR THE ENGINE AND TRANS. AND PICK IT UP IN 5-7 DAYS. LET ME KNOW, DAVID. welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.