Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 GT conversion on Pelican
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
jrblackbox
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-car...e-914-6-gt.html

600 hours on the bumpers alone? really?
jmz
QUOTE(jrblackbox @ Feb 27 2018, 07:19 AM) *

There was a nice write up in one of the mags I think on this one. The build may still be up on the Kelly Moss site as well. It is a very nicely built car. Kind of a like a Singer 914/6
Front yard mechanic
Man! That car has big bulbs slap.gif
IronHillRestorations
15 weeks to make bumpers? I'm slow and probably overly meticulous but I'm calling foul on that claim.
Cairo94507
Wow- that is a very clean car. Would like to see overall detail photos.
mepstein

Online article -

http://s3mag.com/blog/kelly-moss-porsche-914/
Montreal914
Beautiful car, was at Rennsport V.
mepstein
What I like about these high end builds is there are a lot of cool ideas and details that can be translated to our cars without spending a fortune.
jd74914
QUOTE(jrblackbox @ Feb 27 2018, 08:19 AM) *

Hopefully they meant 60. smile.gif

The level of detail is awesome and I'm planning on stealing some of the ideas. Beautiful car!
n2j2ryan
I love the PORSCHE on the rockers. That doesn't look like the raised letter one. Just a decal? or painted on?
Cairo94507
Take a look at the gaps around the front hood, headlights, eyebrows, etc.... it's a beautiful car but for $375K I would have hoped for better gaps. Yeah, I am just a picky dude I guess.
Cal
Cool car but the price is insane.....$225K. For that much money I'd rather have these two....probably a better investment also.

DEC
QUOTE(Cal @ Feb 28 2018, 02:43 AM) *

Cool car but the price is insane.....$225K. For that much money I'd rather have these two....probably a better investment also.

agree.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Feb 27 2018, 09:37 AM) *

QUOTE(jrblackbox @ Feb 27 2018, 08:19 AM) *

Hopefully they meant 60. smile.gif

The level of detail is awesome and I'm planning on stealing some of the ideas. Beautiful car!

Not likely. Those bumpers look completely hand crafted, probably took 2 or 3 times to get right. 600 seems excessive, but you have 2 guys working on something and have to redo it multiple times time adds up fast. I dont think I could come close to that result for 100hours..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.