Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chip
Who, who repairs seat cushions?
PanelBilly
My upholstery guy made new ones when he did the seats. I had the drivers seat done in a thinner denser foam (to give me a bit more headroom) and both sides have a top layer of memory foam for comfort.
Chip
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Feb 27 2018, 10:46 PM) *

My upholstery guy made new ones when he did the seats. I had the drivers seat done in a thinner denser foam (to give me a bit more headroom) and both sides have a top layer of memory foam for comfort.

Cool. Thank you.
Tom_T
If you can't find a local shop who can do them properly & get you the correct material, the Autos International in Escondido CA does them for a lot of 914ers & Porsche folks.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
tomh
Contact Rich at High a Performance House
he has a nice selection of them ready to go either redone or old in good shape:
dr914@autoatlanta.com
what is wrong with them and what do they look like, can you post a picture? We make these regularly from the original material and have many many many many many used ones in stock, what is important is to match yours If you are on the west coast and need new, Parts Heaven has a nice selection and are very nice people. Rich has four stories of 914 parts but often does not want to sell as he is a 914 parts hoarder!! (LOL)

QUOTE(Chip @ Feb 27 2018, 10:39 PM) *

malcolm2
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Feb 27 2018, 11:46 PM) *

So how do you like them?

I have been wanting to spend some time re-making my seat padding. After my last 6 hour trip, I realized that they need to be improved. Even on a 2 hour trip I have to take everything out of my back pockets or my ass goes to sleep.

so you had them use only two types of foam?
PanelBilly
There better than stock, but there’s not enough space to make a great seat. The basic shape is formed from a denser foam so it holds its shape and you don’t feel the hard frame. The top layer is a more flexible material that is glued on to the base and it makes the seat feel soft.
Chip
QUOTE(tomh @ Mar 1 2018, 01:55 PM) *

Contact Rich at High a Performance House
he has a nice selection of them ready to go either redone or old in good shape:

Thank you, good brothers. biggrin.gif
worn
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 1 2018, 01:16 PM) *

what is wrong with them and what do they look like, can you post a picture? We make these regularly from the original material and have many many many many many used ones in stock, what is important is to match yours If you are on the west coast and need new, Parts Heaven has a nice selection and are very nice people. Rich has four stories of 914 parts but often does not want to sell as he is a 914 parts hoarder!! (LOL)

QUOTE(Chip @ Feb 27 2018, 10:39 PM) *

What I always say. Buy all you can to keep them from the hoarders.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.