Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stainless Fuel Lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johnlush
I have the engine out to rebuild the chain tensioners and some other "while I'm in there" stuff. One of those being to replace the nylon tunnel lines and incorporate a return line and a PMO pressure regulator. What I'm assuming I need to order is a 9.5mm supply line, 8mm return line for the tunnel. What I'm unsure of is the best way to route the lines and regulator in the engine compartment and what I need up at the front of the car for getting the return line plumbed in. The pump is currently mounted up front. I know this is pretty basic stuff but want to do it once and do it right. Any thoughts or past experiences?
914Sixer
Just go to Tangerine Racing and get what you need.
johnlush
Yep I get that part. I've attempted to contact Tangerine (phone message, email, PM) to help me figure out what all I need so I can do it in one order but have gotten crickets so far.

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Mar 1 2018, 02:38 PM) *

Just go to Tangerine Racing and get what you need.

mtndawg
agree.gif

I used a pierburg pump under my tank into the steel fuel line, then put a pressure regulator in the engine compartment (for carbs).
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(johnlush @ Mar 1 2018, 05:55 PM) *

Yep I get that part. I've attempted to contact Tangerine (phone message, email, PM) to help me figure out what all I need so I can do it in one order but have gotten crickets so far.

Yes, I am that busy.

I'm only answering my office phone if I'm near it when it rings, and I'm not listening to messages for a month at a time. More than 9 out of ten are spam/phishing.
Best way to reach me is my personal line (listed on the website) or preferably - by email.

I don't recall receiving an email from you.
I know I got a PM but this week I've been too busy with big jobs that are late - exhaust systems and roll cages, etc. My fuel line shipments are up to date.
ndfrigi
Not sure if this will help. about where to install the regulator, as long it is before the return SS fuel line by the passenger side inside engine bay.

old lines under fuel tank
Click to view attachment

old tunnel fuel lines
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

engine bay firewall with the 2 holes for tunnel fuel lines
Click to view attachment

SS tunnel lines installed
Click to view attachment

2 smaller SS fuel lines along engine bay
Click to view attachment

SS tunnel lines under fuel tank
Click to view attachment
johnlush
ndfrigi, thanks for taking the time to post the pictures. Yeah, I haven't decided where to mount the regulator. I tend to overthink things that don't require nearly that many processor cycles.

Chris, Gotcha. Sorry I caught you at a busy time.
mtndawg
QUOTE(johnlush @ Mar 1 2018, 03:29 PM) *

ndfrigi, thanks for taking the time to post the pictures. Yeah, I haven't decided where to mount the regulator. I tend to overthink things that don't require nearly that many processor cycles.

Chris, Gotcha. Sorry I caught you at a busy time.

Can you put the regulator where the manifold pressure sensor mounts?
SO.O.C914er
Not sure which ones to buy? Pelican parts has two listed I have a 73 with type 4 2056 running 40’s. They show SS tunnel fuel line set one 8mm one 9.5mm part number pel-ss914-70740 then there’s SS engine compartment fuel line set. Part number pel-ss914-fuel....help Paul blink.gif
iankarr
Here's a vid I did on the tangerine SS line install. My pump is on the firewall, but the main steps are the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDFsZoI_W3g
SO.O.C914er
Thanks cuddyk my pump is also on the bottom of the firewall.
mepstein
QUOTE(SO.O.C914er @ Mar 2 2018, 11:43 AM) *

Not sure which ones to buy? Pelican parts has two listed I have a 73 with type 4 2056 running 40’s. They show SS tunnel fuel line set one 8mm one 9.5mm part number pel-ss914-70740 then there’s SS engine compartment fuel line set. Part number pel-ss914-fuel....help Paul blink.gif

I just call Chris at tangerine and he sends me the right stuff. Theres grommets, hose clamps, ect that are worth getting while you are there.
Triaddave
I understand some of the issues Tangerine racing is having. I remember a guy ranting over the non-response to a e-mail he had sent. he was trying to dis-credit Triad...
you know, sometimes, as vendors, we get so overwhelmed with orders it is hard to keep up. I am sure we all want the best for our community of 914ers, sometimes it takes patience.
1adam12
The first set you mentioned is the pair of tunnel lines that route from the firewall all the way to the fuel tank. The other set 'engine compartment set' are the shorter ones that go from under the engine tin and through to the engine bay. Those images that are posted here show both both locations and sets.

QUOTE(SO.O.C914er @ Mar 2 2018, 08:43 AM) *

porschetub
Mounted my regulator with gauge on the rear trunk bulkhead,this keeps fuel hoses as short as possible to carbs,gauge is easy to read and regulator can be adjusted easily by just removing stock six plastic air cleaner.
I prefer my pump mounted on my front crossmember,only short lines needed that can be disconnect easily if the tank needs to come out,the pump doesn't work hard as it has a "head" of fuel from the tank...most pumps run better pushing fuel than sucking it afterall.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.