Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chassis data points
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SuperFab
Hello fellow 914-ers. Here’s my dilemma that I hope someone can help with:

I have a rotisserie set-up that I used when I restored my Alfa. It is basically two long rectangular tubes that run under the length of the car with ‘stand-offs’ that pick up on chassis points. I’m going to re-purpose it for my 914 project. To try and make things a bit easier, I am going to build up some removable laser cut ‘egg crate’ fixtures to bolt to the 914 front suspension mounts. The front is easy as it is a 911 set-up and I got the data from the dimension sheets available on this site and others. The rear, however, is a blank for me. I have not been able to find anything as detailed as the 911 front information. I am looking to find some dimensional data for the rear suspension and transmission mounting points (it would be handy if they referenced the same datums as the 911 drawings). I’ve seen photos of the Celette fixtures but don’t know anyone in my neck of the woods (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) that has 914 fixtures. My fallback is to build the front pieces, bolt the front of the car to it with the sills level (after having braced the chassis and checked the dimensions as outlined in the body manual) and then pick off the existing rear points and hope they are symmetrical. Then I can build the ‘egg crates’ for the rear.

Does someone out there in the 914 universe have dimensional data off of a Celette set-up that they could share?
David Billo
QUOTE(SuperFab @ Mar 1 2018, 05:25 PM) *

Hello fellow 914-ers. Here’s my dilemma that I hope someone can help with:

I have a rotisserie set-up that I used when I restored my Alfa. It is basically two long rectangular tubes that run under the length of the car with ‘stand-offs’ that pick up on chassis points. I’m going to re-purpose it for my 914 project. ...
Does someone out there in the 914 universe have dimensional data off of a Celette set-up that they could share?

Sorry, can't help with dimensions, but I am intrigued by your rotisserie. That's the sort of thing I'm thinking of making for my project...a bench, that can also be a rotisserie, depending on the stage of work.
SuperFab
Feel free to look at the photos on my Alfa restoration postings or Flickr (see my signature). There are some images of the rotisserie on there. It's been a while so you might need to page through a bunch of stuff
914Sixer
Upper right hand corner 914 Information has chassis measurement.
SirAndy
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Mar 1 2018, 06:37 PM) *

Upper right hand corner 914 Information has chassis measurement.

agree.gif

http://www.914world.com/specs/914info.php

SuperFab
Thanks...I've already seen the existing diagrams and dimensions from the body manual. It's not what I'm after.

It was a bit of a long shot - I didn't think I was going to be successful. Oh well...no harm in asking! Onward and forward...
tygaboy
A couple folks you might directly contact:
- McMark. I understand he has a Celette with the 914 set up.

- Kent (914350) built a jig that has been used for a number of very nice /6 restos.

I'd imagine they could take some measurements to give you what you're after.

Hope that helps.

Chris
914werke
jig~!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.