Found this while looking for info on Spectro 25W-60

Some good stuff in here.

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/13-perform...-test-data.html

Blog by same person

https://540ratblog.wordpress.com/

Lots of info, I haven't read it all.

Just putting this out there.
injunmort
explained better than i ever could, but endorses why i have used vr1 from my '37 norton, 48 indian, 78 bmw, 01 h-d, all my air cooled 914's. also available at flaps without the premium price.
thelogo
I always thought brad penn

Had the market cornered around here
Justinp71

Wow that is great info. I splurged on Brad Penn, but looks like VR1 may be better. I will have to consider that on the next oil change. Delo 400 is on there too which is one of my other favorites.
burton73
Jake Raby
Nov 3 2008, 01:51 AM
Florian might be in Germany and might be associated with Porsche, but that dude is on crack. I'd like to see his data.

Just use Brad Penn and be done with it. It never ceases to amaze me how people make this so damn difficult, they'll go to the ends of the earth to avoid what actually works and is proven. I just don't get it.

Newer from:
Joe Gibbs Racing DT50 Full-Synthetic 15w50 Aircooled Engine Oil, 12 Quarts
In development for several years, we now offer DT40, a high zinc formulation for modern European Sports Cars in a 5w40 viscosity, specifically engineered for street use superior to any oil LN Engineering has previously used or recommended and has been thoroughly tested by Flat 6 Innovations and Jake Raby, coinciding with their joint development of the M96 and M97 engine platform. Additionally, for aircooled models, we now offer DT50, a high zinc formulation for older aircooled engines in a 15w50 viscosity, again specifically tested by Aircooled Technology, another Raby Enterprises company.

Both DT40 and DT50 are 100% fully synthetic motor oils based on group 4 and group 5 base oils with a proprietary additive package developed exclusively for Joe Gibbs by Lubrizol and is not sold or marketed under any other name or brand.

idea.gif confused24.gif

Bob B
Shredhead
Autozone had a sale on VR1 a while back... $1 a quart! Bought a bunch where I could find it.
Justinp71
This has been extensively discussed on pelican. A good summary that most of them agree on-

Use 20W-50 or 15W-40 oil. Recommended brands, in no particular order, include:

Brad Penn 20W-50
Valvoline VR-1 20W-50
Kendall GT 20W-50
Chevron Delo 15W40
Exxon Delvac 15W-40
Shell Rotella 15W-40
SWEPCO 15W-40

Edit: This list was from 2010, so might have changed a little.
theer
Good information, but man, oh man, that guy can really go on and on and on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.