Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT - Site Log In
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
maf914
Okay, no big deal, but lately it seems the site doesn't keep me logged in. In the past I rarely had to log in, but now it has become much more frequent. I checked My Control settings, but didn't see anything obvious to fix this.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. idea.gif
914xr75
This just started happening to me this week as well. I emailed Admin. Anyone know the fix?
fixer34
I believe this is a browser issue, not the 914World site. What browser are you using and did you clear settings recently?
SirAndy
QUOTE(fixer34 @ Apr 1 2021, 11:21 AM) *
I believe this is a browser issue, not the 914World site.

I would tend to agree with that.

What browser and on what platform?
idea.gif

adolimpio
The site uses cookies to store the login info. If cookie storage permissions have been modified to enhance your privacy, this will affect the ability to remain logged in.

Cookies are also used to enhance online ads, so if you've done anything to limit advertising it may affect this as well.

I know that Firefox has been aggressive about protecting privacy and limits some cookies by default. If you are using Firefox perhaps a recent update is causing the problem. Firefox can afford to do this because they are one of the few browsers that is not owned by a company that earns millions from advertising.
SirAndy
QUOTE(adolimpio @ Apr 1 2021, 05:59 PM) *
The site uses cookies to store the login info.

That is correct. The forum software is 20 years old, back in the day when cookies where still all the rage.

If you have cookies disabled or restricted, the site can't keep you logged in.
You can usually add an exception in your browser for a specific website, like 914world.com.
shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.