Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who has a small Dent they want Removed?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
I'm in the Temecula area and my neighbor, Jeremy has a dentless repair business. He does repair work on new cars for about 4 of the local car dealerships. He has done mine in the past 15 years with great results. I asked him if he would consider doing dent removal on some of the local 914's one Saturday. He said that he would but that it would on a cash basis.
I thought we could have a Saturday get together with a grilled Nathan's Hot Dog feast (maybe a local drive also) while he looks over your car with an estimate and/or schedules your work for an upcoming weekend. We're guessing that a few cars would get done the first Saturday, with preference towards the minimally damaged. Cars requiring more work or those that aren't repaired the first session would be rescheduled for another weekend. You would need to remove and expose the work areas. If it's a door then the door panel and any tar or sound deadening material must be removed prior to repairs. NOTE: if there is any body filler in the repair area, e.g. Bondo, the repair won't work. It must be virgin metal. Which Saturday shall be decided by Jeremy, once the dust settles. So who's up for a Saturday dent removal/Hot Dog feast/event?
DRPHIL914
man I wish I were close, my boxster has like 15 small dents like this from the carelessness of a previous owner!
mepstein
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Mar 2 2018, 12:12 PM) *

man I wish I were close, my boxster has like 15 small dents like this from the carelessness of a previous owner!

Just look for a PDR guy in your area. Granted, their skill sets vary but the one who does our cars at the shop and did a door and hood ding on my wife's Honda is a magician. Many of them will come to your house or workplace.
914_teener
QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 2 2018, 09:02 AM) *

I'm in the Temecula area and my neighbor, Jeremy has a dentless repair business. He does repair work on new cars for about 4 of the local car dealerships. He has done mine in the past 15 years with great results. I asked him if he would consider doing dent removal on some of the local 914's one Saturday. He said that he would but that it would on a cash basis.
I thought we could have a Saturday get together with a grilled Nathan's Hot Dog feast (maybe a local drive also) while he looks over your car with an estimate and/or schedules your work for an upcoming weekend. We're guessing that a few cars would get done the first Saturday, with preference towards the minimally damaged. Cars requiring more work or those that aren't repaired the first session would be rescheduled for another weekend. You would need to remove and expose the work areas. If it's a door then the door panel and any tar or sound deadening material must be removed prior to repairs. NOTE: if there is any body filler in the repair area, e.g. Bondo, the repair won't work. It must be virgin metal. Which Saturday shall be decided by Jeremy, once the dust settles. So who's up for a Saturday dent removal/Hot Dog feast/event?

I'm in. Wife is busy with tax season so Sat is best.

76-914
once we get 3 I'll start the ball rolling. beerchug.gif
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Mar 2 2018, 09:12 AM) *

My 99 boxster need some dent removal too. Bought the car with those dent also.
Anyone know someone here in Orange county that you recommend?

Thanks!
Coondog

I am in if the date works out.
Larmo63
The dork I bought my car from piled shit on it in the garage. chair.gif It's a perfect candidate for some ding removal love.

Do I have to drive to Temecula?
RickS
Shit usually requires a hose at best and shovel at worst.

I have two which could use some help. I’m easy to find, just come a little way up I-5, take a right at Seattle, head out I-90 30 mins, and I’m right there. I’ll even buy lunch.
914-300Hemi
I’m in also. Would love to get the dents out of the door.
76-914
OK then! Ravi, Rob and Coondog. Throw out the dates that will not work so I can line things up with Jeremy. beerchug.gif
Coondog
March 10
April 7,14,21
Bad dates for me
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.