Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 race suspension front A arms
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bryans914
WTF.gif
Need source for 962 style lower A arm for coil over on 914-6. I attached a pic.
Need to replace 8 ea 16" Fuchs/barrels with 18" inexpensive steel or mixed material race wheels. The Fuchs are breaking with 450/500bhp. Sources?
burton73
Are you Fuchs real or copies? Fuchs are used on Turbo Carrera’s

Bob B
mepstein
QUOTE(burton73 @ Mar 2 2018, 04:41 PM) *

Bob B

And 935's, rally cars, ect.
rgalla9146
Fuchs barrels ?
Are your wheels built up from Fuchs centers ?.....then they're not Fuchs anymore.
High horsepower is breaking front suspension.....and wheels on a 914 ?
infraredcalvin
You may want to stop hitting the gators on track...

You’re local to me, would love to see more pics of your car...
bryans914
QUOTE(burton73 @ Mar 2 2018, 01:41 PM) *

Bob B

They are Fuchs centers in 10.5" and 12.5" x 16" barrels. Two damaged, six ok., want to go to same in 18" due to used time supply, 16" tires are somewhat limited too Hoosiers. Will sell if I find 18s.
jd74914
Do you have a better picture of that control arm? It looks pretty easy to fabricate from scratch...
bryans914
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Mar 2 2018, 02:08 PM) *

Fuchs barrels ?
Are your wheels built up from Fuchs centers ?.....then they're not Fuchs anymore.

Centers, see above. POC Drivers and mechanics say these old Fuchs centers are breaking. My right rear went, car spun 180,snagged pit wall and slapped pit wall hard. Broke bell housing in 4 places, bent rear reinforced swing arm, both axles punched clean holes in the CV joints caps. Front arm was bent by wrapped front wheel. I need a source for the 962 style lower A arm.
So right rear and right front suspension damage, and no cage damage. I have a rear swing arm from this site and a new reinforcement kit.
bryans914
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Mar 3 2018, 11:21 AM) *

Do you have a better picture of that control arm? It looks pretty easy to fabricate from scratch...

I have the trans out, working on rear swing arm, so will remove front A arm and steering rack next. Thanks.
sixnotfour
there is several version of fuch 3 piece centers, one guy in Ca makes them pretty thin at the joint area cross section, I never buy that type..
bryans914
QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Mar 2 2018, 11:39 PM) *

You may want to stop hitting the gators on track...

You’re local to me, would love to see more pics of your car...

Randy Beck built up the car, I've had it 24 years, last complete rebuild, cage replace, body, twin turbo, twin plug, 3.3L, and recently Steve Parker did some venous fabrication and sorted out the EMS, etc. It weighs 1700lbs wet, I'm185.
bryans914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 3 2018, 11:44 AM) *

there is several version of fuch 3 piece centers, one guy in Ca makes them pretty thin at the joint area cross section, I never buy that type..

Thanks! Want to replace all wheels with 18"steel race wheels, as BBS,etc are unreasonable even used.
bryans914
QUOTE(jmitro @ Mar 2 2018, 03:17 PM) *

Thanks! I saw some steel wheels on #75 914, V8, on YouTube. I will get on the sites you sent.
bryans914
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Mar 2 2018, 02:08 PM) *

Fuchs barrels ?

Centers are Fuchs, barreled are mixed BBS and other, so 3 piece. Wheel broke, spun counter clockwise and smacked pit wall hard.
bryans914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 2 2018, 01:58 PM) *

QUOTE(burton73 @ Mar 2 2018, 04:41 PM) *

Bob B

And 935's, rally cars, ect.

Fuchs, centers, 3 piece. Want 18", 10 and 12 wide steel race wheels.

Also need source for front lower A arm, 962 type for coil over.
Larmo63
There are basically two really good choices with clickable links above. Elephant racing makes the most
exotic (expensive) version, then there is the Rebel Racing set too. These of course require coiler set-ups,
as you know.

Good luck, and we need a LOT of pictures.
Mueller
http://www.diamondracingwheels.com/index.p...detail?Itemid=0

They show 18" diameter

Set of Fikse wheels on eBay for a Porsche right now in that 18x10 and 18x12 size

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-Fikse-Prof...uEAAOSw8stZ38J2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.