Lower main seal 91456331910
Roof to window seals
1 - 91453118510 - left targa top side seal
1 - 91453118610 - right targa top side seal
Vertical targa seals
1 - 91453114310 - left rollbar side seal
1 - 91453114410 - right rollbar side seal

#9 &28. 20 &36 in sets. With 14 as an option

Will include a copy of the factory maintenance manual to allow you to locate the adjustments for the door windows. I am working on installation instructions and techniques you can use to install these that will be available in about 9 days and can be emailed to you.

There is a re occurring theme that these seals are difficult to install correctly, and if not installed correctly will allow for more water to enter your cabin. This is my attempt to put together a kit in a format that will educate the installers as to what you need to do and not do at least from my experience. The 914 is prone to leaking, but lets minimize that to the extent possible. Will have option to purchase the OEM profile rear seal with the fuzzey for $42 (1/2 off) only with the kit.

https://900designs.zoeysite.com/914/914-cha...rts/811-00-roof
Mikey914
More
mb911
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 3 2018, 09:59 AM) *

More

In for set..
rhodyguy
Wow.
markhoward
I'm in for a set too.. +14
cn2800
One set for me, please!
Chris914n6
I was going to give you crap about slacking on the 200 goal, but this makes up for it drooley.gif

Yes please + 14.
Mercurial
Count me in...+14
jet1
Please add me to the list +14 as well
Flightpath
I will take a set with the option on #14
carking1996
I'm in!
PlaysWithCars
I'm in for a set. +14 for me too.

Point of clarity: no differences between years to be aware of? Posting says #26, but I think you meant #36?
cn2800
QUOTE(cn2800 @ Mar 3 2018, 04:57 PM) *

One set for me, please!

Oops. Plus #14 as well.
Daiberl
In for one set, + #14
JamesM
Perfect timing. Count me in!

jcd914
The timing is not great but I need these.
I'm in for a set plus #14.

Jim
gus'914
I am in for a set plus 14, Thanks.
If there is a single raindrop or gust of wind, it will find its way into my interior. If this fits 1970 please put me down for a set.
Mikey914
QUOTE(plays with cars @ Mar 3 2018, 08:28 PM) *

I'm in for a set. +14 for me too.

Point of clarity: no differences between years to be aware of? Posting says #26, but I think you meant #36?

You are correct has been changed to 36,
There are technically differences on the early seals. They did not have lips that would help seal the glass better. The factory recognized this and added the extra lip to the profiles. This is an improvement that used the same part number and superseded that part. Yes I could make them, but they are an inferroir part and since we are talking water didn't want to go there.

The primary differences in my seal kits are in the doors.
Gary
I'll take a set, +14. thnx.
billh1963
I'll take a set!
914four
One kit please.
Mikey914
PMs sent to all
Shadowfax
One set please plus No. 14. Thanks!
mb911
Paid already thanks.
scallyk9
Add me please! I'll call in an order to include some other items tomorrow.
warpig
put me down for one, and the throttle cable too.
I will come by the shop and figure out how long of a throttle cable I need this week. grouphug.gif
Mikey914
PMs sent to all one left.

If you miss it and want to be in back up sign up here, I'll give it 3-4 days we usually see 1-2 guys back out, so the line forms here
maf914
I'll take one set of cabin seals. I will also take one standard four cylinder throttle cable. Thanks Mark.
Mikey914
The cable will not be ready to ship out with these as we are just starting to make them. These are ready now, but I'll mark you down for the last.
mark

Back up list from here, I do have one wavering.
Shadowfax
Payment sent this morning. Thanks, Mark!
mmichalik
PM sent
Literati914
Put me in line for a set if someone drops out please!

Doug C
cwpeden
Put me in line too! With #14
Shadowfax
Got the seals today. Installed the rear Targa seal no problem. Needed a little trimming though. What’s the best way to trim the thicker pieces? Am using an Exacto knife and very sharp scissors but my lines aren’t so good.
Mikey914
Use a new break away blade knife knife and soapy water. Be VERY careful as if slices the rubber like butter, and will do the same to skin. You can cut yourself and not even know until there a bunch of blood.
The knives at HD are less than $2.
Shadowfax
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 8 2018, 11:43 AM) *

Use a new break away blade knife knife and soapy water. Be VERY careful as if slices the rubber like butter, and will do the same to skin. You can cut yourself and not even know until there a bunch of blood.
The knives at HD are less than $2.

Cool. Thanks for the quick response aktion035.gif beer.gif
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 3 2018, 10:57 AM) *

I am working on installation instructions and techniques you can use to install these that will be available in about 9 days and can be emailed to you.

Installing this now, found a factory manual PDF but not additional instructions. Should I phone with email address, or could those instructions be posted here for posterity?
Mikey914
Email sent. The trick is to install the upper corners 1st. The vertical sides do not slide through the track. The back side engages in the inside of the track. You push it forward onto the tab on the aluminum, and install the screw in the corner hole that holds it. Work your way down the sides starting the back 1st. It is a tight fit as it needs to stay in. Use a flat screwdriver to push the front side in. You will notice that the factory took a tool and punched the chrome down at the bottom. You will need to use the same large flat screwdriver to carefully bend the punched part out of the track. Note this is new rubber and will be slightly larger than the old as it shrinks over time. It may be necessary to make some fine adjustments to the tilt of the bar as it's slightly larger. I didn't have to on mine, but I adjusted mine when I fitted the 1st Gen 5 years ago.
Hope this helps we are working on more extensive install instructions.

Thanks,
mark
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 24 2018, 11:21 PM) *

Email sent. The trick is to install the upper corners 1st. The vertical sides do not slide through the track. The back side engages in the inside of the track. You push it forward onto the tab on the aluminum, and install the screw in the corner hole that holds it. Work your way down the sides starting the back 1st. It is a tight fit as it needs to stay in. Use a flat screwdriver to push the front side in. You will notice that the factory took a tool and punched the chrome down at the bottom. You will need to use the same large flat screwdriver to carefully bend the punched part out of the track. Note this is new rubber and will be slightly larger than the old as it shrinks over time. It may be necessary to make some fine adjustments to the tilt of the bar as it's slightly larger. I didn't have to on mine, but I adjusted mine when I fitted the 1st Gen 5 years ago.
Hope this helps we are working on more extensive install instructions.

Thanks,
mark

(Rich/914werke did 99.9% of the work while I tried not to lose too many of his tools.)

Installing the thick lower windshield seal wasn't too bad ... about the effort I was expecting. My car (brought up from California) was missing this piece entirely!

The vertical sides (attached to the upper seal) were quite difficult. Even with glycerin we weren't able to slide it onto the track past the first couple inches due to the small screw heads in the track. We hadn't seen these instructions yet. I gave up, and Rich got them on with a screwdriver somehow.
Click to view attachment

Cutting the lower part to mate with the closing door properly was complicated by the fact my car seems to be missing some rubber here. I think it's part of a complex piece that seals the little triangular window. Mark do you sell this piece for a 1970, early-door model?
Click to view attachment

Rich also installed the rear targa seal. This probably should have been easy, but some of the screws holding the metal strips didn't want to come out, and also some previous owner had covered everything in duct tape that was beginning to fossilize. Question about that, is the fuzzy part supposed to extrude outside the car as far as this?
Click to view attachment

I'm grateful that 914Rubber sells these parts, and that Rich is willing to install them. On my own I would have given up after the first few snags. Even with just the first three parts installed, the roof fits snugly, rattle and squeak reduced, and not feeling as much of the breeze as I was before. I felt confident enough to take it to a self car wash, first time I've washed it since acquiring last winter.
Mikey914
Heres some pics from my install.
The rubber will not slide down the tracks , at least not without great effort. The set tge inside edhe and push in the outside is the technique you want.
Mikey914
Stary the inside edge
Mikey914
Push in the edhe all the way down
Cutting the lower part to mate with the closing door properly was complicated by the fact my car seems to be missing some rubber here. I think it's part of a complex piece that seals the little triangular window. I don't think Mark saw my question about whether 914Rubber sells this, but I did eventually find it on the website here: https://shop.914rubber.com/914-Triangle-Win...-2-914TRIW2.htm

My car is a 1970 with the early model doors. Would anyone be willing to confirm this part would also fit the early doors?

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.