Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help - Seal won't stay on
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
simonjb
I have tried and tried and I can't get this seal to stay fixed on the top. I know inside are metal tabs, but it just won't stay on. any tricks ?Click to view attachment
Mikey914
The seal should have metal in the top that attaches to the pinch weld. Sounds like it's not in tolerance. SO has the seal been removed and installed? If so you could try to compress the metal slightly, but that's a pain.
Montreal914
I've had the same problem with mine since new. Purchased it from Auto Atlanta in 2009, rookie mistake before I became a member here dry.gif .

Every time I remove my top, I have to push it back. I highly doubt there is a metal insert in there as it's like a noodle. rolleyes.gif

At some point I will get a new one from 914Rubber... first.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Have to really pound it with the heal of your hand to get it to cinch on and then lubricate the seal with some silicone grease

QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Mar 3 2018, 11:34 AM) *

I've had the same problem with mine since new. Purchased it from Auto Atlanta in 2009, rookie mistake before I became a member here dry.gif .

Every time I remove my top, I have to push it back. I highly doubt there is a metal insert in there as it's like a noodle. rolleyes.gif

rhodyguy
Glycerin.
Montreal914
Yep, been doing this for years now, it still comes off after a while. dry.gif

Seems to me there is plenty of surface for the seal to grab on to the windshield frame lip but there is no internal structure (spring) to pinch it.

Thank you for your input anyway. Live and learn...

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 3 2018, 11:18 AM) *

Have to really pound it with the heal of your hand to get it to cinch on and then lubricate the seal with some silicone grease

QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Mar 3 2018, 11:34 AM) *

rhodyguy
Why fight with it? Go with the force on this one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.