Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear springs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DaveO90s4
Hi all,

I've just bought new Bilsteins (thanks PMB) and am inclined to purchase new springs too. Two major n questions:-

1. There was a thread not long ago listing people's rear spring weight preferences. I've used 'search' but can't find that very useful thread. Pointers to that appreciated.

2. Can I simply buy a pair that will fit the 914 and the Bilsteins of the correct (as yet unknown spring weight) or will I need to have such springs specially made? I've been told the latter - measure the height the car is, determine the height I want it to be, remove springs and supply along with measurements to spring maker etc. That seems to me convoluted and prone to measure (me) error.

Thanks
Dave
bandjoey
100 pound fits my car just right. A daily driver car. No performance driving. Many US sources that will probably ship. Pelican parts ?
mepstein
Most places no longer carry the rear springs for our cars but paragon does. ~$120pr. You do not need custom made springs. The Bilstein shocks will allow you to set your ride height. That’s what the groves in the body are for. You do need the lower spring perches from your old shocks. They will slip off once you remove the springs.
tomeric914
You don't need custom springs, but you can build your own package with off the shelf components.

80 lb is stock for 914-4, some bump up to 100 or 120

If you go with 100 lb springs, you probably won't need helper springs.

Take a look here: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=229288
Dave_Darling
Depending on where you look, the stock rate has been reported as low as 50 lb/in.

--DD
rhodyguy
Threaded perches.
injunmort
weltmiester still shows springs on their website. available in 100, 140 and 180lbs rates.
JawjaPorsche
Got my 100 pound springs from Auto Atlanta.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.