Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 thermostat cables finally
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Porsche 914 thermostat cable at an unbelievable price b 021119751
Tired of factory prices? The 914 type four later type two thermostat bellows cable is now almost 50 dollars! We have recreated this cable in its finest form and can now offer it to you our fellow enthusiast for only 19.50. High quality two year guarantee, having a working thermostat in your car is a necessity for quick warmup and prolonged engine life

special club deal until the end of march 2018 15.00 just ask for or mention on your on line order the deal and we will honor. Regular price will be 22.50
rhodyguy
I've never seen the brass piece with what looks like a SS spring. How does that fit into the equation?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
That is the new style thermostat that the vw factory used on the final beetles, works really great. we had this cable made to exactly duplicate the expensive factory original complete with the small lug that fits into the hollow nut. The same place in India who makes our perfect speedo angle drives as well as our driving light and horn grilles and our equalizer cables and console gauges makes this for us.

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 5 2018, 11:18 AM) *

I've never seen the brass piece with what looks like a SS spring. How does that fit into the equation?
bdstone914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 5 2018, 12:39 PM) *

That is the new style thermostat that the vw factory used on the final beetles, works really great. we had this cable made to exactly duplicate the expensive factory original complete with the small lug that fits into the hollow nut. The same place in India who makes our perfect speedo angle drives as well as our driving light and horn grilles and our equalizer cables and console gauges makes this for us.

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 5 2018, 11:18 AM) *

Isn't that the thermostat that fails in the flaps closed position to help overheat the engine?
rhodyguy
Well, that's not so great. Where did you source that comment Bruce?
mepstein
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 6 2018, 10:37 AM) *

Well, that's not so great. Where did you source that comment Bruce?

I read it on awesomepowdercoat.com site.
rhodyguy
YIPES!!! Thanks.
porschetub
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 7 2018, 06:56 AM) *

YIPES!!! Thanks.

Yep,folks on the Samba have talked of this,not a good part.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.