Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Norcal BBQ
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mueller
The twins and I will be there.
Mike Bellis
I have to bail out. My wife kindly reminded me that my antibiotic regiment I'm on won't allow me to be out in the 100° heat on Saturday.

I was hospitalized Saturday with severe diverticulitis. Spent Saturday and part of Sunday on an IV drip. Then the gave me meds that I had a bad reaction to. Now I'm on new meds and feeling better. Not at 100% yet.
Mueller
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jul 11 2018, 04:44 PM) *

I have to bail out. My wife kindly reminded me that my antibiotic regiment I'm on won't allow me to be out in the 100° heat on Saturday.

I was hospitalized Saturday with severe diverticulitis. Spent Saturday and part of Sunday on an IV drip. Then the gave me meds that I had a bad reaction to. Now I'm on new meds and feeling better. Not at 100% yet.

Glad you are feeling better!

You'll be missed, I'm sure we will "talk" about you and your car in your absence, hahaha smile.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jul 11 2018, 05:24 PM) *

Glad you are feeling better!

You'll be missed, I'm sure we will "talk" about you and your car in your absence, hahaha smile.gif

I wasn't going to bring it. My wife does not like to travel without A/C in that kind of heat.
Andyrew

sad.gif

Mike sorry to hear that!!!! Im glad your feeling better. Stay home and relax!
Andyrew
QUOTE(JRust @ Jul 11 2018, 09:55 AM) *

By some random coincidence I will be driving back up from LA. Had a quick trip planned to visit my daughter. Am flying down thursday & was flying home Saturday night. Now I'm skipping my flight. Buying a Subaru forester to haul a motor back. Plus serve as a temporary driver until I can get my truck fixed. Picking up a new long block for my truck in Rio Linda CA. So how far away are you from there Andrew?

Woot woot!

Jim and Curtis said it right. Im about 15 mins off the freeway from northbound 99 and 20mins from southbound.

I actually work very close to Rio Linda. Its about 1:30 from my house with no traffic.
JRust
I will probably be later in the afternoon. So hopefully it isn't over to early. I just have to see how it plays out. Will be coming from San Diego & have to drop my daughter off in Anaheim. So all depends how early we get out of there & traffic

Oh & happy to bring whatever you need I can buy at the store just before I get there happy11.gif
Andyrew
Later in the afternoon will probably be good. Temps will have shot down and people will found their way outside. I encourage people to show up a little late if they dont plan on jumping in the pool smile.gif IIll have burgers out at ~ 4:30 but appetizers and such will be out from 3 on.

Your welcome to stop by anytime Jamie smile.gif
Andyrew
Thank you everyone who came!!! Especially those of you with significant drives (flights)! Oscar, Elliot, Jamie!!

We had a a great time hosting it and getting to know some of you much better! Pics say a thousand words.

For all those that thought it would be too hot it was great! The kids enjoyed the pool for hours and the rest of us enjoyed the AC and the nice breeze and shade!

There will be a round two in a couple of months when the temps cool off so we have a better chance of getting some more 914's in attendance.

Onto the pictures!

Click to view attachment
This was the gang sans Jamie who arrived shortly after Elliot left.

Elliot is in the white shirt up front then clockwise we have Arkitect (Dave) his grandson Aden, Mike Mueller (Mueller), his twins Kennedy and Taylor, Elvira (sp) Oscars wife, Curtis (OakdaleCurtis), Oscar(Valcooscar), Alina and myself. Jerika is taking the photo.
Andyrew
Click to view attachment
Jamie(Jrust) decorating his 914 cookie

Click to view attachment
Cookies of participants of contest Jamie was the elected winner! smile.gif

Click to view attachment
Oscar decided to put flares on his orange one

Click to view attachment
914s in attendance for the party. smilie_pokal.gif
JRust
Woohoo the cookie winner piratenanner.gif . Got there a little late & missed Elliot sad.gif . Had burger & got to decorating my cookie. Made for a nice break from my drive. Great to see everyone & watch Andrew's little girl play around. What a cutie. I'm a sucker for babies so could spend my time entertaining her any day. You have a beautiful home as well Andrew. Thanks for the grub & the chat everyone. Catch you all another time beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.