Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Norcal BBQ
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Andyrew
Anyone interested in a Norcal BBQ? We just moved into our new home and I would love to host a BBQ.

I've got this nice pool, a fire pit, a good size lawn and some decent parking out front smile.gif

I was thinking July 14th weather permitting

jsharp.gif

First off Bring your own drinks. I'll have water available for everyone.

Things I need brought.
1. Deserts - Cookies (I have an unused 5gal jug of ice cream), smores, cake, ect. - Oakdale Curtis
2. Green salad or other vegetables as such.
3. Veggie tray -ValcoOscar
4. Fixins for burgers (Lettuce, Tomatoes, Onions)
5. Side dish (Pasta Dish) -ValcoOscar
6. Side dish
7. Chips and dip if desired
8. Second desert biggrin.gif

I will bring:
Burgers/Dogs/Corn/Buns/pool

If your going swimming bring your own towel, I have some, but not enough for everyone!

TIME! 3-9pm is what I think would be best. I'll serve food at 4pm and if anyone is still here when it cools down I'll get the fire going.

Guest list
Attending:
Andyrew (+2)

Maybes:
ValcoOscar- Confirmed
914 7T3 - Maybe?
SirAndy(+1?)
BuddyV -Maybe?
Mueller (+2) - Confirmed
Bellis (+1/2?)
Oakdalecurtis - Confirmed
Edward Blume - Maybe?
Unpretentios (+1)
JustinP71 (+?) - Maybe
JCD914
larryM - Maybe
Architect - Maybe
Elliot - Confirmed
Jrust - Maybe

jsharp.gif
ValcoOscar
Interesting...I have a friend near there...lives by Oakdale Country Club....I may have to plan a visit if you decide to host this.

idea.gif

Oscar

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Mar 5 2018, 01:13 PM) *

Anyone interested in a Norcal BBQ? We just moved into our new home and I would love to host a BBQ.

I've got this nice pool, a fire pit, a good size lawn and some decent parking out front smile.gif

More of a feeler right now to gauge interest and time.

I was thinking July/August. smile.gif

jsharp.gif

914_7T3
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Mar 5 2018, 01:39 PM) *

Interesting...I have a friend near there...lives by Oakdale Country Club....I may have to plan a visit if you decide to host this.

idea.gif

Oscar

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Mar 5 2018, 01:13 PM) *

More of a feeler right now to gauge interest and time.

I was thinking July/August. smile.gif

jsharp.gif

I would love to attend if it coincides with the Werks reunion weekend August 25-26th. Kind of like a warm up for the 2nd annual SoCal Funday in Temecula, right Oscar?

poke.gif
SirAndy
I'll be there ...
driving.gif
Dave_Darling
July/August in the central valley? I think I'll pass...

--DD
BuddyV
That would be my longest 914 drive.... sounds good.

(do they make beer over there?)
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 5 2018, 04:50 PM) *

You did read the part about the pool, yes?
cheer.gif
Cracker
I am still trying to get my head around you commuting to the Sac area daily...crazy! biggrin.gif

I'd attend if I was a wee bit closer!

T
Mueller
Sounds good to me.
Andyrew
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 5 2018, 06:11 PM) *

cheer.gif

Click to view attachment
Pooool (And shade)

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
I'm in. July/August works for me.
oakdalecurtis
I’m in if I’m in town Andy!
second wind
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Mar 5 2018, 08:46 PM) *

cheer.gif

Click to view attachment
Pooool (And shade)

Click to view attachment

Artificial grass or real? Looks fantastic!!
gg
Andyrew
Real!
EdwardBlume
July / August? I can't stay the whole 2 months, but maybe just lunch and then I'll drop a Baby Ruth candy bar in the pool for fun.

Nice place by the way! Congratulations!
Krieger
QUOTE(Edward Blume @ Mar 6 2018, 05:47 AM) *

July / August? I can't stay the whole 2 months, but maybe just lunch and then I'll drop a Baby Ruth candy bar in the pool for fun.

av-943.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(Edward Blume @ Mar 6 2018, 05:47 AM) *

“Spalding Nooooooooooo!”

av-943.gif
Unpretentious
Sounds Great Andy. Cathy and I slap.gif are about 1 1/2 hours south of you in Madera. Haven't connected with any other Teeners in the valley. Will be traveling some this summer. Post a date when you have it and I'll let you know if we can make it. BTW - valley heats no problem, we're acclimated. Besides, we'll be driving a 914 with A/C.

Jerry

Andyrew
Sounds like there's enough interest to go through with this event.

If anyone has a particular date that doesn't work for them let me know and I'll do my best to work around it.

I'll setup some lawn games as well, giant Jenga, 914 triva contest, ect smile.gif

Andyrew
Double post.
Justinp71

Sounds like fun, I'd be interested to go as well.
Dave_Darling

cheer.gif

Yes, but my 914 doesn't have one. At least, not in the dry season...

--DD
Andyrew
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 6 2018, 12:34 PM) *

cheer.gif

Yes, but my 914 doesn't have one. At least, not in the dry season...

--DD

Drive your comfy car then smile.gif You still have that CRX?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Mar 6 2018, 12:39 PM) *

Comfy CRX, is that what they call an oxymoron?
biggrin.gif

Anywho, as long as one does not get stuck in traffic, your 914 should be just fine in the cool 110 degree valley morning breeze ...
bye1.gif
jcd914
I'm interested.
I don't see any problem with July/August compared to staying home in Sacramento.

Jim
Dave_Darling

No CRX. The wife made me get rid of it a few years back. I have a 2012 MINI Cooper now.

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 6 2018, 01:18 PM) *
...your 914 should be just fine in the cool 110 degree valley morning breeze ...
bye1.gif

The 914 might be, but I wouldn't be!!!!

--DD
JRust
I am tentatively in. A lot will depend on the whole pool thing. That does look like a nice pool. The only thing I want to see topless there is a 914 though. A bunch of fat old geezers strutting their stuff shirtless would affect me eating any BBQ you might make. I do include myself in that group that I'd rather not see topless aktion035.gif
Andyrew
Let's talk about a tentative date of Saturday July 14th. beerchug.gif

The pool is fully shaded about 6pm, but the backyard patio is fully shaded about 2pm. I am leaning towards a later BBQ but I want to be conscious of all the driver's that will be driving in the heat. We have the fire pit and I don't mind pushing the party till 9 or 930pm (Alina goes to sleep around there) so we could make smores or just enjoy the fire. I am also not apposed to a 10am BBQ and doing a lunch and pushing it to dinner for those that want to stay.

When it gets closer we can check the weather to see if the temps will be decent (mid to low 90s). If it's a 100+ day or worse a 110 plus day we can reschedule it.

Let me know your thoughts everyone!

Thanks!
arkitect
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 6 2018, 05:10 PM) *

No CRX. The wife made me get rid of it a few years back. I have a 2012 MINI Cooper now.

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 6 2018, 01:18 PM) *
...your 914 should be just fine in the cool 110 degree valley morning breeze ...
bye1.gif

The 914 might be, but I wouldn't be!!!!

--DD

Andrew, cool idea of a bbq, after all of these years still don't have a running teener.

After an electrical fire was the last straw for my 73, sold it as a shell to someone doing a chevy v8 implant. The closest thing I have now to a running teener is my daughter's 70.

I quoted DD's comment because she also just got a mini cooper of the running variety.

Love to attend to see you guys. biggrin.gif

Dave

oakdalecurtis
14th works gor me Andy... beerchug.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 3 2018, 09:44 PM) *

In that case i'm out. Going to Jamaica for a well deserved vacation.

Looks like i'll be floating in a real ocean while y'all have to share a tiny pool.
biggrin.gif
ValcoOscar
Okay, I have the green light from the wife however not sure about work yet.

I will have to report back in a few weeks.

Oscar
Andyrew
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 4 2018, 11:09 AM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 3 2018, 09:44 PM) *

In that case i'm out. Going to Jamaica for a well deserved vacation.

Looks like i'll be floating in a real ocean while y'all have to share a tiny pool.
biggrin.gif

Ooooh! Loved Jamaica. PM me when your in Jamaica so I can schedule around if the weather is too hot or I get to many cant go's because of that date. (I cant accommodate everyone, but I'll try my best!)
larryM
14th is open for me
jcd914
Just as a data point, neither the 14th or 21st of July work for me.

Jim
Andyrew
Watching the temps. If it stays over 100 we'll push it a week and see.
Andyrew
As a side note, I was working on the backyard yesterday morning and the pool was 82deg at 8am and the weather was up to 102 yesterday. Also it was 88 around 3pm. I didnt take a swim but my wife and daughter put their feet in for 20 mins and enjoyed it smile.gif Pool umbrella helped.

Let me know your guys' thoughts.
oakdalecurtis
14th in, 21st out...
Andyrew
Weather has changed its mind again. Its showing 95 for the 14th (Next Saturday). Thats perfectly acceptable weather for a pool party/BBQ, in fact should be really good!

We had the 4th here and it was 90, and it was very cool and relaxing in the back yard. We even had a bonfire going as it was a bit chilly from the pool.

So, lets talk the food menu.

First off Bring your own drinks. I'll have water available for everyone.

Things I need brought.
1. Deserts - Cookies (I have an unused 5gal jug of ice cream), smores, cake, ect. - Oakdale Curtis
2. Green salad or other vegetables as such.
3. Veggie tray
4. Fixins for burgers (Lettuce, Tomatoes, Onions)
5. Side dish
6. Side dish
7. Chips and dip if desired
8. Second desert biggrin.gif

I will bring:
Burgers/Dogs/Corn/Buns/pool

If your going swimming bring your own towel, I have some, but not enough for everyone!

TIME! 3-9pm is what I think would be best. I'll serve food at 4pm and if anyone is still here when it cools down I'll get the fire going.
Mueller
Need to check with the wife, otherwise the twins and I should be able to make out for a few hours.
Andyrew
Bump, need head count and volunteers for dishes.
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jul 7 2018, 03:51 PM) *

Bump, need head count and volunteers for dishes.

Planning on coming w dessert Andy. beerchug.gif
Andyrew
Perfect, so far well have burgers and desert. Sounds like a perfect party smile.gif
ValcoOscar
piratenanner.gif

If ok, I will be there w wife...my co-pilot.

We will bring veggie tray, pasta salad and various soft drinks beer3.gif

driving.gif

Oscar
Andyrew
Sounds great!! Your wife is most certainly welcome!!

Thanks!
Andyrew
Bump,

Sent out PM's to interested parties.
ValcoOscar
Leaving early Saturday, I need to make a pit stop near Atwater.

If anyone up there needs something taken up from SoCal...give me a shout or send me a PM!

I have space. idea.gif

Oscar driving.gif

JRust
By some random coincidence I will be driving back up from LA. Had a quick trip planned to visit my daughter. Am flying down thursday & was flying home Saturday night. Now I'm skipping my flight. Buying a Subaru forester to haul a motor back. Plus serve as a temporary driver until I can get my truck fixed. Picking up a new long block for my truck in Rio Linda CA. So how far away are you from there Andrew?
jcd914
Jamie,
Modesto is about 1 1/2 hours south of Rio Linda on highway 99, not accounting for traffic.
If you are driving up from LA and come up on 99 you will go through Modesto but I don't know where Andrew's house is in relation to the highway.

Jim
oakdalecurtis
Andy moved recently moved to Riverbank, next to Modesto, about 20 minutes east of 99. Pm Andrew for address n directions. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.