Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's your 914 worth?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
second wind
Hello....there was a true 914 GT at the Phoenix Club yesterday...yellow car....I mentioned the larger gas tank to someone and he said it is the original GT 100 gallon tank....worth $12,000 by itself. Anyone know the real 411 on these cars?
Thank you,
gg
SirAndy
QUOTE(second wind @ Mar 5 2018, 06:23 PM) *
Anyone know the real 411 on these cars?

http://www.pbase.com/9146gt
driving.gif
Blue6
Believe it was a 100 liter tank... smile.gif
76-914
Thx for posting that Oscar. Two things stuck out; the value of the often maligned 75-76 was up there. The 76 being the highest. More than the 73 2.0! The other thing that caught my eye was the value goes up 10% if your car has a 5 speed. WTF.gif
SKL1
Doesn't really matter what Hagerty says as both of mine are staying in the family when I'm gone... have 2 boys who both inherited the car gene luckily. And they're both 5 speeds!! smile.gif

Mblizzard
Mine is a #4 at best and I would still lose money at a top payout. I guess there is another reason we do this than to make money. We are morons!@
simonjb
Haggerty is far from market. I have a 1994 RS America and its worse far less than what they say.
iwanta914-6
It's just a price "guide". We all know the value of anything is what someone is willing to actually pay. Sometimes more, most likely less than what is in the guide. I think of it as merely a starting point. Like back in the days of collecting baseball cards and looking them up in the Becket for what the "value" was.
Krieger
Maybe, just maybe Hagerty is telling you your car is worth more so you will spend more money for insurance?
bbrock
As a modeler, I find these sort of things interesting. My guess is those few extremely low mileage vehicles sold for insane prices and those data points were fed into the model. Of course, that is going to raise the predicted values the algorithm spits out. But now that these numbers are published, it will influence asking prices and what buyers are willing to pay.
JmuRiz
Worth more if I parted it out biggrin.gif
Hard to put a value on a non-finished /6 conversion...
snakemain
If I got offered 10K for mine, it'd be gone in a minute...but their rating categories only go to 4. They don't tell what a category 6 or 7 is worth.
Optimusglen
Anyone else notice that they have no listing for a 1971 914-4? I see 1970 and 1972.

Not that I'll be selling, but I wonder what a period correct 6 swap does to the values.
mepstein
QUOTE(bbrock @ Mar 6 2018, 10:05 AM) *

As a modeler, I find these sort of things interesting. My guess is those few extremely low mileage vehicles sold for insane prices and those data points were fed into the model. Of course, that is going to raise the predicted values the algorithm spits out. But now that these numbers are published, it will influence asking prices and what buyers are willing to pay.

agree.gif it’s not like a Honda Civic with a million data points. With classic cars, many sales never get recorded so there is bound to be mistakes. Many of the sales that do get recorded are from modified cars that skew the result further. Charts like these are good for general overviews but not usually for specific cars.
stevend914
I was offered $500 for mine today at the grocery store parking lot...I know it's not the best car but $500... WTF.gif
sb914
Mines "priceless"
PlaysWithCars
QUOTE(Optimusglen @ Mar 6 2018, 07:18 AM) *

Anyone else notice that they have no listing for a 1971 914-4? I see 1970 and 1972.

That's weird. I logged into their website and they don't recognize the '71 there either. Are you sure yours isn't counterfeit? poke.gif
BENBRO02
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Mar 6 2018, 08:19 AM) *

Mine is a #4 at best and I would still lose money at a top payout. I guess there is another reason we do this than to make money. We are morons!@

I'm a moron too.
mepstein
QUOTE(BENBRO02 @ Mar 6 2018, 11:02 PM) *

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Mar 6 2018, 08:19 AM) *

I'm a moron too.

Morons unite. beerchug.gif
larryM
mine was evaluated by hagerty at RRV-2015 - $200K insurable
r_towle
Mine is up around 370k if what I am seeing is correct with recent asking prices.
Seeing as I have a few, I may be a millionaire.
rich
thelogo
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Mar 5 2018, 04:26 PM) *

Big 4s i doubt will fetch /6 numbers

But can somebody please point me twards
The /6 conversion vs big 4 discussion

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.