Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HOW MUCH??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mr_Chu
How much would you guys pay for a non-running 73 2.0L ..

from the pictures it looks pretty decent.. but i haven't personally seen the car in person.

How much would you guys pay for it?

It has.. steel braided brakelines.. lowered with Borge shocks and auto cross springs?

Short shift kit... bump steer kit.. and ya.. thats pretty much all i know about the car..

bottom line.. HOW MUCH would you say its worth?
Rand
Oh, I would say, anywhere between $0 and $4000, based on what you've said so far.

A '73 2.0 is one of the best! The features you mentioned are nice, but they aren't going to tell us what the car is worth. Can you post pics? Do you know where to look for rust damage? (The hidden cancer is perhaps the worst.) Are you in a position to get more info?
SirAndy
yupp, well need more info on the condition of the car (rust rust rust) ...

anywhere from $500 to $7000 ...
wink.gif Andy
Mr_Chu
he said it ran when he parked it DAYYS ago... i spoke to him over the phone and he said only rust is around the battery area? and interior.. such as dash and stuff messed up... seats are aftermarket buckets. and thats all he pretty much said. He "said" he was turnin that car to his track car.. and only cared for it to run good.. but since it doesn't run i really dont know!

the car's located kinda far from my place so i couldnt find time to drive out there.

He wants around $1000 for it... is it worth 1000?

I have a 74 2.0L already and i know restoration parts on 914's are STEEP!! I was just figuring a 73 would look nice next to my 74! biggrin.gif

Figuring i should just buy one already fixed up... save me time and tons of $$$ (I know this from restoring my 74).

SirAndy
QUOTE (Mr_Chu @ Jun 5 2005, 07:45 PM)
He wants around $1000 for it... is it worth 1000?

$1000 could be a good deal if the rust around the battery is not too bad (read: holes in the frame rail) ...

i'm willing to go and look at the car with you if it's not too far from the greater bay area ...
beerchug.gif Andy
skline
A grand could be a great deal depending on the rust. Even if it is rusted, the car is worth a grand unless the interior is totally thrashed, glass is cracked or missing, wheels are crap dents all over and so on. The motor as a core is worth about 500 as the heads are worth 300 before reconditioning.
Mr_Chu
Ya i was thinking 1K would be worth it for a 2.0L..

but then again the car doesnt run so i dont really know how good the motor is...

what im worried about is buying it.. then find out it'll cost me 130820140843098 dollars to fix. Them porsche parts are damn expensive.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Mr_Chu @ Jun 8 2005, 01:09 AM)
what im worried about is buying it.. then find out it'll cost me 130820140843098 dollars to fix. Them porsche parts are damn expensive.

as i said before, if the car is in the bay area, i'll go with you to look at it ...

wink.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.