Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiper trouble shoot.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Toy
My 1972 914 wipers column switch does not turn the wipers on. I have visually checked the multi-plug connection at the steering wheel, fuse panel connections and trunk area for any loose wires - all looks OK. I recently removed (pulled off) the rubber washer lines as I now have an electric pump installed, and the wipers have stopped working since then. The switch has not been used a lot but is probably original. Is it likely that the switch has failed?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I would check the relay and make sure that the red with black wire going to the wiper motor and fuse number eight and the wiper switch has power with the key on. If so then the switch or the motor, if not the fuse or the black round relay

QUOTE(914Toy @ Mar 10 2018, 08:26 AM) *

My 1972 914 wipers column switch does not turn the wipers on. I have visually checked the multi-plug connection at the steering wheel, fuse panel connections and trunk area for any loose wires - all looks OK. I recently removed (pulled off) the rubber washer lines as I now have an electric pump installed, and the wipers have stopped working since then. The switch has not been used a lot but is probably original. Is it likely that the switch has failed?

hockeymutt
switch is easy to check with a meter. if the motor has power with the switch is on, its the motor or ground. if not its the switch or wiring.

check out this thread
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=304921
914Toy
With the lower dash piece off and the wires to the wiper switch easily accessible, I was about to check for 12V at the red with black stripe wire and noticed that the small female cable end in the multi plug had pulled out of the plug - almost! Pushed the female connector back into the plug - Wallah! Thanks for all your help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.