Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paypal Fund for Easton
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Qarl
I'm starting a Paypal Fund for the Peters family to help with their battle with little Easton.

For those of you "clueless" individuals who don't know who Easton is... shame on you. But here is some reading to start the tears flowing...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...=ST&f=2&t=31592

user posted image

I've set up an Easton Peters Donation Website. You can offer help by check or via Paypal.

Donate to the Easton fund via snailmail or Paypal

The Peters family can use it for whatever they want... medical bills... goodies for Easton... a college fund.... Heck they can use it for beer and wings at Hooters... as long as they bring Easton along....

For those of you that don't know all of the details... Easton, the 2 1/2 year old son of one of our 914club members, is at a Children's Hospital about an hour away from where Steve and Sher (and Easton's little brother Markus) live in Vancouver, BC. Easton contracted viral pneumonia about 3 weeks ago.

Easton was also born with an unusual type of hernia causing him breathing difficulties. Easton has been on oxygen for most of his precious little life. The Peters family had a surgery scheduled on May 16th to help correct the hernia causing a lot of his breathing issues... Unfortunately, Easton became sick before he could have the procedure.

Steve and Sher are staying at a hospital guest lodge near the hospital. While cheaper than a hotel, it does cost $$$. Also, consider the food, gas, etc. Plus everything needs to be taken care of back home.

Thanks everybody...

Karl Ellzey
Hunter's Dad
d914
will be done shortly. The money from the sale of my long forgotten struts will be sent to this fund...
boxstr
We have had a big number of Happy Campers lately so I think we can step up to the plate for little Easton. Get well soon.
Steve your bringing the sausage next time we get together wink.gif
CCLINGETWELLSOON
Allan
I'm in...
Eric_Shea
Thanks Karl.
Qarl
Thanks everybody.

You know, this group of friends truly amazes me. No matter WHAT anybody says... this is more than a car club... it's a community of caring people.

We have done so much together besides keeping 914s running... we've helped out Dave (Korijo) with buying a van for his wheelchair lift...helped bail Brad out of jail... and helped pay for rescued animals.

You guys (and gals) are incredible.

Thanks!

Karl Ellzey (aka Qarl)
Hunter's Dad
Mueller
paypal works fine if you just go thru the regular channels and enter the email address above....a small donation just sent.... smile.gif
Gint
Anybody else getting this error from Paypal?

We are sorry that we are experiencing temporary difficulties. Please try again later.

Message 5302
Qarl
Okay... apparently I can't post the html text for Paypal in 914club... so I made a link to my website where I have the html code that works!

No more error message.

Thanks!

Qarl
Grimstead
Another small one sent. More to follow....
rhodyguy
if anyone else is an out of touch, behind the times dork like me (no pp), contact karl privately and cut a check as per his directions. i didn't want to put your address out front.

k

seanery
smile.gif
Jeroen
B U M P !
redshift
Snailmail addy, please? I don't use paypal.

Miles
cnavarro
Count me in. It's in the mail.
soloracer
I sent mine in. Link worked ok.
Howard
PayPal'd leftover $$ from the track fees smile.gif
rick 918-S
I'm working on something... idea.gif
tat2dphreak
thank you for setting this up Qarl... paypal sent!
Qarl
Thanks everybody for helping. I know the Peters family will appreciate what we are doing.

rhodyguy
don't "i'll do it on monday" cool_shades.gif . take 5 mintues and pp or put a check in an envelope TODAY!! and a bump chatsmiley.gif .

k
Qarl
I've had one person contribute today.... sad.gif

Qarl
Helloooo.... anybody?
nine14cats
I'm in...Paypal sent.

God Bless.

Bill P. aka nine14cats
xitspd
QUOTE (Qarl @ Jun 5 2005, 04:25 PM)
Helloooo.... anybody?

Karl,

Paypal sent from the foothills of Mt. San Jacinto, CA.......

Thanks,

Dan
Qarl
That's more like it. I guess everybody was out having fun this weekend.

It rained all weekend here in Central Florida. I think we've had about 18 inches of rain in the past week. I did get to go fishing the past few evenings and catch some bass form the dock down by the lake. The rain made for some good conditions.

Thanks again.

iamchappy
I just picked up my voice mail Qarl, thanks for the update. Way to go Easton. clap.gif
Carl
From PrayPal to PayPal. Donation sent.
TROJANMAN
done wink.gif
Dr Evil
I'm kinda strapped for $$ right now as I am moving across country, however I have an idea that may work well for all.

I need to get rid of some things in my shack before I move, and am not expecting to get a fortune for them, but I will gladly donate the proceeds to the fund less shipping. How does that sound? Where should I list the items? Here? Classifieds? Both?

Let me know if I can help.

P.S. I am already selling 3 starters for $10 a piece, so $30 going in as soon as I get paid smilie_pokal.gif
Qarl
What an "Evil" plan.... muhahahahah!

Every little bit helps.

Thanks! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
Grimstead
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Jun 5 2005, 08:02 PM)
I'm kinda strapped for $$ right now as I am moving across country, however I have an idea that may work well for all.

I need to get rid of some things in my shack before I move, and am not expecting to get a fortune for them, but I will gladly donate the proceeds to the fund less shipping. How does that sound? Where should I list the items? Here? Classifieds? Both?

Let me know if I can help.

P.S. I am already selling 3 starters for $10 a piece, so $30 going in as soon as I get paid smilie_pokal.gif

That's a really nice offer.

If you can hold on to one of the starters with the rest of my order, I'll take one.

Just let me know how you want to do the money?
736conver
Donation sent. Its not much but I 'm sure every bit helps.

First one to donate today, central time. Who's next.
jonwatts
Done.

But if I find out this went for a single Elise bobble... chair.gif

neo914-6
PP$ sent...
Evill Ed
PP $ sent.

Ed
VegasRacer
If anybody here has a better place than this to spend a few (or a whole lot) of extra bucks, let me know and I will join in. Otherwise, I sincerely hope you will all do the right thing and make a donation to the 914Club Easton Fund.
TROJANMAN
how about an update on funds collected?

if it's a high #, then we should all feel anxious to get it higher. clap.gif
if it's low, we show all get "our ass" in gear to make it higher. alfred.gif

$10k raised for a bail fund - nice gesture

$10k raised for a sick child in the hospital - priceless

(i know those commercials are cheesey, but let's do it!)
MoveQik
Donation sent. Positive thoughts sent. icon_bump.gif
TROJANMAN
what was this doing at the bottom of the page? icon_bump.gif
914werke
Im down. clap.gif its a pitance but Im backing it up with Positive vibes wavey.gif
Qarl
I received a couple of PMs from people wondering if putting money together is a little too impersonal.

Unfortunately, there is not much we can do to help the Peters family other than pray and send positive vibes their way. Easton's precious little life hangs in the balance with a greater power right now.

The idea of my putting together a collection is more as a resource for the family. They didn't ask for the help... but I thought it was the right thing to do.

They can use it for medical bills, living expenses while they are with Easton over an hour away from their home, to buy goodies for Easton while he's in the hospital, and hopefully, if our prayers are answered for something useful for Easton... like starting a college fund.

Anyways... the support here is overwhelming and I think you all very very much. I have tried to send a quick reply back to those that have donated.

Sincerely,

Karl Ellzey
Hunter's Dad

Grimstead
You are doing a great job Karl! Thank You Again!
spare time toys
way to far down the page guys icon_bump.gif
TROJANMAN
i don't think cash is impersonal. i think all of this is very personal. any type of support this family receives has got to be helpful: i.e. monetary, spritual, emotional. even if you guys can't give money, just wishing easton to get better with a quick note on this forum, or a prayer before you go to bed, shows support. in some ways the prayers are probably more helpful than the money, but money really must be helpful too. i hope he gets better!
crash914
cash sent...small amount, but then I am out of work.....

I had a track day refund sitting in paypal.....I wish we could buy health... sad.gif

positive vibes......lets go....914club rally!!!!
Qarl
We're not done yet, folks!
Eddie914
Karl,

Thanks for all your support to the Peters family.

Eddie and Family
dekman
Donation sent via Paypal for Easton...hope you got it. My thoughts and prayers are with Easton and his family. (Well done Karl!) robert d.
Allan
icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.