Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 project on BAT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
gereed75
Interesting dynamic here. I suspect that this price is right about at that level where a do it yourselfer or even a shop is looking at this car and thinking it can be restored and still make some economic sense.

That might work if you are just after a driveable level car, but I would say that for a full resto, you are already past the point of positive financial viability. Sorry but the “bought at Holbert by a salesman with a 935 speedo” provenance holds no added value for me.

Does show a certain level of core support for the six market in general. GLWTS
mepstein
Like Adam said in another thread, some people just want a six and don’t have $100k to buy one done. For a lot of us, the build is part of the fun, even if it cost more in the end.
PancakePorsche
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 11 2018, 08:24 AM) *

Like Adam said in another thread, some people just want a six and don’t have $100k to buy one done. For a lot of us, the build is part of the fun, even if it cost more in the end.

Well said. Any six under $50K mark going to get a lot of attention these days because of the multitude of $100K+ cars out there lately. Honest un-restored is getting harder to find. This car is perfect for many.
mountainroads
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 11 2018, 08:24 AM) *

Agreed. Also, the ability to make sure it's done "correctly" (whatever that means to the owner), and to suit one's own personal tastes.

- MR
sixaddict
I was pretty surprised at the selling price (43,500)...To me when this car is stripped down after disassembly it will look far worse than it does now. From that perspective I suspect the seller did himself a big favor and hit the jackpot, unless of course the market has taken another turn. I of course did the opposite dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.