Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Well that was a pain...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
Click to view attachment
Krieger
Isn't taking it out was the easier part?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Krieger @ Mar 12 2018, 12:33 PM) *

agree.gif

I've put back a few of those and removal is certainly a lot easier than assembly ...
biggrin.gif
Tdskip
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 12 2018, 02:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Krieger @ Mar 12 2018, 12:33 PM) *

agree.gif

I've put back a few of those and removal is certainly a lot easier than assembly ...
biggrin.gif

Oh sure, pop the bubble.

;-)
bbrock
That harness looks too nice. I think you should smear it with peanut butter and throw it in a hole for mice to chew on for a few months so you can really experience the joy of working on these things. beerchug.gif
gothspeed
All I can say is thank God schematics are available! smile.gif
Tdskip
QUOTE(gothspeed @ Mar 13 2018, 03:40 PM) *

All I can say is thank God schematics are available! smile.gif

Ha, yes indeed.
Tdskip
QUOTE(bbrock @ Mar 12 2018, 05:42 PM) *

That harness looks too nice. I think you should smear it with peanut butter and throw it in a hole for mice to chew on for a few months so you can really experience the joy of working on these things. beerchug.gif

Really? I actually thought this one was a bit ratty.

Apparently there is a break in the large yellow wire because the DPO ran an alternate red cable that was sized to carry Manhattan's peak power load to the back of the car.
mb911
Is this out of your parts car or your build? Either way looks way nicer then mine.. I have to rebuild half of mine
bbrock
QUOTE(mb911 @ Mar 13 2018, 04:10 PM) *

Is this out of your parts car or your build? Either way looks way nicer then mine.. I have to rebuild half of mine

Yeah, what he said. Scorched coil wire back when I was driving it roasted about 2 ft of harness in the rear, and mice did quite a number on the front. Run over yours with a snow blower and maybe it will look more like what I pulled out of my car. About 97% finished with the rebuild but it has been quite a journey.
Tdskip
Huh, I got lucky I suppose.

This is from the parts car, correct.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.