Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for a new moderator for the "Originality and History" forum
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
SirAndy
Due to health reasons, Pat Garvey is no longer able to moderate the "Originality and History" forum and has asked for a worthy replacement.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=325692

Anyone who would like to take over as a moderator, please let me know ...
beerchug.gif

r_towle
Hope things will get better Pat!

I am not at all worthy to fill his shoes.
If you decide to have a “hack in the backyard” forum, I would submit
SKL1
I'd be glad to help (as original owner of a 9/70 build 914 1.7 ) but surely don't know "everything..."

(and also hope Pat's health improves...)
914_7T3
I nominate Tom_T if he will take it on. He seems quite knowledgeable on this topic!
Cairo94507
My prayers to Pat and his family.
ConeDodger
Dave Darling has forgotten more than most of us know...
r_towle
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 12 2018, 09:20 PM) *

+1 for DD!
McMark
This person don't need to have all the answers. They just need to care about Originality and History and help make sure everything posted there is following the rules.

Even better would be someone who posts topics for everyone to talk/think about. Actively seeking out and collecting information.

We need a passionate seeker, more than a guru. wink.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(914 7T3 @ Mar 12 2018, 05:09 PM) *

I nominate Tom_T if he will take it on. He seems quite knowledgeable on this topic!

My problem is that I'm just buried with work right now (owning a small business means no relief), aside from deep into a historic 1921 home renovation/resto.

But I would be willing to team up with Dave Darling if the two of us can cover for each other, or as part of another duo or trio of O&H buffs if Dave can't.

PS - Other great & helpful O&H guys are: Tom - TJB/914, & Jeff Bowlsby, & Pat's old buddy in Cincinnati & OO 70 914/4 Paul (I'm half-zymering on his screen name) - & I'm also blanking right now on our member's name who did the 914-6 Registry.

It makes sense to have a coupla-more folks with varying sub-model/year expertise as O&H Mods to cover the bases better.

Cheers!
Tom
///////
Tom_T
Also, it's probably better to put your well wishes for Pat at his original post which Andy linked above, & here again below:

While I don't know if Pat will look back at it again with all that he's got going on, he probably won't look at this thread at all.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Wolfgang or Steve Gaglione
Tom_T
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 13 2018, 07:39 AM) *

Wolfgang or Steve Gaglione

agree.gif .... also great suggestions!

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
mepstein
Mike Bellis
SirAndy
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 13 2018, 09:32 AM) *

Mike Bellis

slap.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 13 2018, 06:07 AM) *

This person ... just need[s] to care about Originality and History ...

That's why I'm probably not a good person for that role.

--DD
914_teener

Mike Bellis

av-943.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 13 2018, 08:32 AM) *

Mike Bellis

av-943.gif
JeffBowlsby
How about the Dr. himself. He knows these cars wink.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Mar 13 2018, 10:08 AM) *

But he's got a whole 914Club to run. How would he ever find the time?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I think it important that someone do this that ha NO commercial interest, even though people like Dave have a lifelong love for the 914

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 13 2018, 11:11 AM) *

KELTY360
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 13 2018, 10:28 AM) *

I think it important that someone do this that ha NO commercial interest, even though people like Dave have a lifelong love for the 914

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 13 2018, 11:11 AM) *

I think anyone with a commercial interest who doesn't think they could be an impartial moderator would disqualify themselves.
EdwardBlume
I would do it although Jeff Bowlsby would be a much better person to do it, along with TomT. These guys are both tremendous resources that could each do a lot to take our cars into the twilight of their years.

What does an admin do? Jump in a post a lot of stuff? I can do that....
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Edward Blume @ Mar 13 2018, 11:18 AM) *

I would do it although Jeff Bowlsby would be a much better person to do it, along with TomT. These guys are both tremendous resources that could each do a lot to take our cars into the twilight of their years.

What does an admin do? Jump in a post a lot of stuff? I can do that....

Would all 3 of us do it and call it a committee?
r_towle
I think wndsnd would give the community a passionate, historic character who has been playing with porsches since I was just a boy . smile.gif
Plus, he is wicked smaht
timothy_nd28
Garold has my vote.
wndsnd
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 13 2018, 08:29 PM) *

I think wndsnd would give the community a passionate, historic character who has been playing with porsches since I was just a boy . smile.gif
Plus, he is wicked smaht

Bad joke.

jerkit.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 13 2018, 09:44 AM) *

Mike Bellis

slap.gif

av-943.gif
Krieger

Mike Bellis

Didn't he get banned?
Mueller
QUOTE(Krieger @ Mar 13 2018, 08:42 PM) *

Mike Bellis

Didn't he get banned?

I've seen Mikes vehicles, the word stock or Original is not in his vocabulary smile.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Mueller @ Mar 14 2018, 07:40 AM) *

Mike Bellis

Didn't he get banned?

I've seen Mikes vehicles, the word stock or Original is not in his vocabulary smile.gif

Hey! My Targa top is all original. cheer.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Mar 14 2018, 08:43 PM) *

QUOTE(Mueller @ Mar 14 2018, 07:40 AM) *

Mike Bellis

Didn't he get banned?

Hey! My Targa top is all original. cheer.gif

CW
armando
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 13 2018, 09:19 AM) *

Also, it's probably better to put your Mac Sports Folding Wagon condition and quality wishes for Pat at his original post which Andy linked above, & here again below:

Thanks for the link!
914Next
Agree that there are some really good names mentioned here (Garold, Jeff B, Tom) Far far more knowledge and experience with these cars than most of us. I'm not fully sure what is required of the role but if there is an opportunity to help with the admin (while one or two of the guru's cover the knowledge part) I'd be willing to share some of the admin piece. I have a passion for originality and would love to see the forum grow.
Tom_T
Who is Moderating O&H Forum now?

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 12 2018, 08:01 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 12 2018, 09:20 PM) *

+1 for DD!

Affirmative +2 for Dave D!!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Tom T would be perfect.
TheCabinetmaker
Another for Tom T, although i know how busy he really is!
Tom_T
Sheee...oot! blink.gif

I was just looking for who got appointed, not pandering for nominations folks!

It was started 8 months ago, & I'd have thought that somebody would been appointed by the in-crowd by now!

I just had a couple of suggestions for additional O&H topics which should probably be nailed threads based on recurring questions from the membership.

Thanx for the votes of confidence guys, but be careful or I may nominate you! LOL biggrin.gif

This weekend I'm busy playing with our "new to us" camping trailer - the "Lil' Pucker" - so we'll be ready for her 1st vintage trailers camp-out with us next weekend! I had the Westy gone thru & a few things checked & done by my guy Hans, so hopefully all will go well, if slooowly with the 4 squirrels in the engine bay working extra hard towing that 700 lbs of trailer plus all of our gear & us in the Westy!

It just followed us home a couple of weekends ago looking for a good home & caretakers!
Some lady appears to be hanging her head out the back window though! huh.gif

Click to view attachment
.... yet another thing to research & get up to speed on!

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Mark Henry
Another nomination prospect would be davep.
Dave is our resident historian.
orthobiz
Brad Mayeur knows the cars inside and out. Runs a repair/restoration business and sells his longs kit, but I'm sure could be an impartial judge for the thread. Nobody has the thread-starting talent of Pat, though.

BTW, did he ever sell Fritz??

Paul
Mike Bellis
I didn't even know we had an "Originality" forum... idea.gif

Should be a small group since most of these are no longer original...
dcheek
Steve Gaglione personifies the term "original" regarding 914's. Plus he's a great guy. Come on Steve, step up to the plate!

Dave
orthobiz
QUOTE(dcheek @ Nov 12 2018, 07:33 AM) *

Steve Gaglione personifies the term "original" regarding 914's. Plus he's a great guy. Come on Steve, step up to the plate!

Dave

As does Dave!!!

Paul
SirAndy
Keep up the peer pressure guys, we need a new moderator ...
biggrin.gif

@Tom_T @Dave_Darling @JeffBowlsby @davep @smg914

beerchug.gif

JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 12 2018, 11:23 AM) *

biggrin.gif

Not me...I'm leaving the opportunity door open for others...I addition to the above nominations:

@914Next
@dr914@autoatlanta.com
@Ferg
914_teener
I'm okay with everyone hacking up their teeners.

That'll leave me with the only one close to original.

AND....Bump for Jeff Bowlsby for moderator.... stirthepot.gif
Dave_Darling
Sorry, I don't think I'm a good person for that role.

--DD
Tom_T
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 12 2018, 11:23 AM) *

biggrin.gif

@Tom_T @Dave_Darling @JeffBowlsby @davep @smg914

beerchug.gif

"JeffBowlsby
Not me...I'm leaving the opportunity door open for others...I addition to the above nominations:

@914Next
@dr914 @autoatlanta.com
@Ferg"

We have a lot of folks with deep knowledge & some who have set-up great 914 knowledge bases - like DaveP's 914-6 site, Jeff Bowlsby's sites, & Steve (don't know his "handle" on here??) who has p914.com (& .net & .org) - which are all go to 914 resources.

Many have areas in which they're the go-to expertise beyond a broad 914 knowledge base, such as Davep on 914-6, gustl on all things Europe/Germany, Dave K on the `73 MY "914 Sport", Jeff B on LEs & Harnesses & everything else he's collected on 914s, Steve/p914.com on colors & what came on 914s in which MYs, George H/AA on all things 914, 916s, etc.; & a bunch of others - including a few of the older members on here who were around as teens/adults when 914s were new & remember stuff from the old days (Paul, larmore, me, others & even Pat G.).

However, many of us have busy careers & other commitments cutting into our available time to act as a Mod of O&H at present.

Might I suggest that there could be a joint set of 2 or more co-moderators, with the others serving as resources to chime in when there is time & something within their scope of 914 expertise as an O&H Experts Panel or something of the sort - similar to what PCA does for their car/model expertise panel?

Frankly, our cadre on here probably knows more than the 914 expert(s) at PCA, so this could build upon that resource.

Just a thought for the Admins to consider - breaking up &/or sharing the O&H Forum Mod duties & adding support folks for them.

I can serve in a supporting role, but am too buried with running my business & other stuff for now to be a solo O&H Mod. Heck, I can't even get my 914 out to work on or get to the shops for resto since 2012 until I get stuff reworked here on our home resto/etc. project! blink.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Mark Henry
We can have more than one mod on a forum, That breaks up the workload a bit.
bbrock
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Nov 10 2018, 04:56 PM) *

I just had a couple of suggestions for additional O&H topics which should probably be nailed threads based on recurring questions from the membership.

I think whoever said the above should definitely be on the moderator team poke.gif I've pretty much worn out those nailed topics researching details for my resto. Would love to see that tradition continued and expanded.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.