Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Luftgekühlt 5
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Montreal914
I just looked at the registration today and it looks like the parking is sold out!

It seems unclear as to where you park if not on site sad.gif
Uber is recommended dry.gif

Anyone has more info on this?
914_7T3
Tickets went on sale a few hours ago and it must be sold out already. Parking gets you an admission for the driver and parking is on site for Air cooled Porsches only.
Had to settle for General Admission as my car will not be ready in time.

General Admission Tickets and Car Registration
General admission ticket sales and car registration are now open for Luft 5. Different than last year’s venue, Luft 5 will take place on a single property and all registered parking on-site will be all air-cooled, all Porsche, all inside one gate.

Each car registration will include one (1) General Admission ticket for the driver. Additional passengers will need an a General Admission ticket of their own.

To help with load-in congestion, we are offering two different ticket "call times" for air-cooled parking: 7:00am and 8:00am. The time specified on your ticket will be enforced at the gate - no entries before the time specified on your ticket. Traffic is bad enough in LA - please do your part to ensure a smooth load-in by following the directions on your specific ticket.

If you feel your car may fit a specific storyline and would like to be considered for Select parking, purchase a 7:00am ticket and follow the submission instructions there. Please read and agree to all terms before submitting.

The submission process will be open from Tuesday March 13 until Friday, March 30. If your car fits into one of our feature storyline galleries, we will notify you of your inclusion in Select parking after April 2, 2018. If you do not hear back, your original ticket purchase and “call time” are still valid.

Luft 5 tickets and the car submission process are available here.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/luftgekuhlt-5-..._eid=6939dc3655

Luft x Petersen - Friday 4/20/18
To celebrate Luft 5 and the 30th anniversary of the 964, the Petersen Automotive Museum will host a ticketed event on the evening of Friday, April 20. This indoor/outdoor event will feature a focused group of air-cooled Porsches, a panel discussion and food and beverages.

Tickets are very limited. Purchase tickets here.

https://petersentickets.org/products/luftge..._eid=6939dc3655

As we ramp up design and production of our apparel line for Luft 5, we have a pre-release of our new Profile tee. This shirt is 100% cotton and features a printed Luftgekühlt icon. Available in men's sizes S-XXL at our online shop.

https://shop.luftgekuhlt.com/collections/ap..._eid=6939dc3655

914_teener
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Mar 13 2018, 08:39 PM) *

I just looked at the registration today and it looks like the parking is sold out!

It seems unclear as to where you park if not on site sad.gif
Uber is recommended dry.gif

Anyone has more info on this?

I sent an e-mail to Shane about getting an e-mail when the ticket would go on sale.

I never got one, so no other than I didn't know they had gone on sale yet.

Oh well.
Larmo63
This event has gotten too 'trendy.' Unfortunately, it's become a victim of it's own popularity.

$35 and $65 seems like someone is making a lot of money off of a car show.

My $.02.
pete000
Sold out already !

I registered just after the emails were sent out. I got in.
sb914
Checked my email this am sold out . Probably only took a couple hours to sell out.
Sucks!! Looks like it's got to big! I'm over it !
ValcoOscar
Sad that parking is already sold out....It's going to be a zoo. Great event though.

I'll be at Route 66 gathering in AZ that weekend...lots of of room left for those still wanting to join us.

Either way a great weekend for those who want to venture out with their cars.

Oscar
914_teener
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Mar 14 2018, 06:01 AM) *

Sad that parking is already sold out....It's going to be a zoo. Great event though.

I'll be at Route 66 gathering in AZ that weekend...lots of of room left for those still wanting to join us.

Either way a great weekend for those who want to venture out with their cars.

Oscar

Meh....I.m over it as well. The So Cal Fun Day 1 was way better!
'73-914kid
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Mar 13 2018, 10:22 PM) *

This event has gotten too 'trendy.' Unfortunately, it's become a victim of it's own popularity.

My $.02.

Normally I would agree, $65 is a pretty good chunk of change, but as the event gets bigger it drives a need for larger venues, which costs more money, to rent, get permits for, and pay insurance for. Not to mention that at luft4, harbor police had to be paid for overtime since city streets were being impacted so heavily. I'd imagine Luft5 will require similar police activity.
Montreal914
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Mar 14 2018, 04:47 PM) *

My $.02.

Normally I would agree, $65 is a pretty good chunk of change, but as the event gets bigger it drives a need for larger venues, which costs more money, to rent, get permits for, and pay insurance for. Not to mention that at luft4, harbor police had to be paid for overtime since city streets were being impacted so heavily. I'd imagine Luft5 will require similar police activity.

Being connected, can you talk about the logistic? The inner parking is sold out, but is there a Porsche parking next to the event like Luft 4? if so, is it $35 or $65 in that side parking. The writing is a bit confusing on their website...
TIA.
914_teener
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Mar 14 2018, 05:05 PM) *

My $.02.

Being connected, can you talk about the logistic? The inner parking is sold out, but is there a Porsche parking next to the event like Luft 4? if so, is it $35 or $65 in that side parking. The writing is a bit confusing on their website...
TIA.

That's Edgey Speak.

Larmo63
Priced out of 356s.
Priced out of 911s.
Priced out of Luftgekült too.

Didn't a '74 914 4 cylinder just sell for $83,000.00?
Maltese Falcon
From another online media feed ; the Torrance address for the show appears to be a large parking lot attached to the business 2600 Del Amo Bl. ...just passing this public info along, not affiliated with this show aktion035.gif
Click to view attachment
pete000
Tat address looks like a dirt lot next to the refinery?
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(pete000 @ Mar 15 2018, 10:53 PM) *

Tat address looks like a dirt lot next to the refinery?

Google earth image...probably during course-of-costruction . Layout of the parking lot ( grading area in image) fits the shape of Lüfts diagram on their media . No guaranty, just my $.02 idea.gif
pete000
This would explain the lack of general parking recommending taking a Uber to get there !
Montreal914
That really looks like the event plan.
This would be the new Ganahl Lumber, 18 acres with 3 buildings on it. I guess they will set up all night after closing Saturday pm.
Still not sure if there is available parking for air cooled Porsche outside of the event perimeter. There seems to be parking area on the west that probably belongs to another lot. confused24.gif
Sent an email a couple days ago but no replies dry.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Ed_Turbo

My $.02.

I have to agree with Ethan. Good example was the $20 general parking at the Phoenix club in The Honda center. They had to get permission and rent off them for space. Was not cheap to rent either.
Larmo63
I agree with Ethan too, and I get it that vintage air cooled Porsches are super popular right now.

I guess that when the fun part of our hobby turns into work, it's not fun anymore.
I would like to attend..But general admission @ $35 per is really steep. Does it include free Parking? This Porsche hobby is getting pretty spendy..
914/Alan
914_teener
Save your bucks and go to Rennsport.

There.s no velvet rope to have to deal with.
Matty900
I was able to get GA but missed the early parking, If anyone has one that they can't use. Please let me know. I would like to buy it from you beerchug.gif
siverson
Who is going? Looks like I'm in a special 914 group. Yay me (and thanks for organizing, Ethan). I guess I should go wash the 914.

I'll be leaving North County San Diego about 5am if anyone wants to caravan...

-Steve
sb914
I tried, but parking was "sold out" the day after I got the email.
And I don't want to park in "bfe". Maybe next year!
campbellcj
Wow - Likewise I was disappointed the 'show' spots sold out overnight and now extra disappointed to learn the entire event is sold out, with no convenient parking and no pedestrian access to the site. Organizers are recommending carpooling/ridesharing instead of driving our Porsches down there - WTF?!?! Sounds like a very poor choice of venue and a logistical nightmare. I'm out.
dcheek
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Mar 13 2018, 09:22 PM) *

My $.02.

Wow, that's some serious money, making our event a real bargain.
For all you East Coast Air Cooled Porsche enthusiasts we are having our 14th annual
ALL AIR COOLER GATHERING - We charge only $15.00 per person (including car).
We had 300 cars last year!

A portion of our proceeds go to help armed service members through the non-profit organization Jersey Cares.

Last years event - www.allaircooledgathering.com
Search videos of past events on YouTube.

SHOW - Sunday, September 16, 2018
Camping - Friday and Saturday September 15th and 16th.

Dave

FlacaProductions
So...I have general admission tickets and I'm happy to have 'em since it appears to be totally at capacity/sold out.

But - I'm somewhat confused about parking despite the new information on the website (https://luftgekuhlt.com/luftgekhlt-5/) and an email stating same.

It says:
"There is no pedestrian access to the facility. The entire area is an industrial area devoid of sidewalks and the Torrance PD will be there enforcing that."

Huh?
I'm fine with an off-site parking arrangement but given that a mile isn't that much and I'd rather get a little exercise and walk....shuttle busses always seem inefficient.

The view from google maps shows plenty of sidewalks in the area/between the lot and the location...so...

I know this will be more obvious upon the day of the gig but I'm just trying to figure out my approach.
'73-914kid
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Apr 19 2018, 02:32 PM) *

So...I have general admission tickets and I'm happy to have 'em since it appears to be totally at capacity/sold out.

But - I'm somewhat confused about parking despite the new information on the website (https://luftgekuhlt.com/luftgekhlt-5/) and an email stating same.

It says:
"There is no pedestrian access to the facility. The entire area is an industrial area devoid of sidewalks and the Torrance PD will be there enforcing that."

Huh?
I'm fine with an off-site parking arrangement but given that a mile isn't that much and I'd rather get a little exercise and walk....shuttle busses always seem inefficient.

The view from google maps shows plenty of sidewalks in the area/between the lot and the location...so...

I know this will be more obvious upon the day of the gig but I'm just trying to figure out my approach.

I think there is a dirt sidewalk on the North side of Del Amo Blvd, but it ends once you get to the Linde facility. The problem with that, is that Del Amo is a divided highway with a concrete K-Rail dividing the directions of traffic, which isn't safe to cross. (north side to south side) This is why the Torrance PD will be enforcing the "no walking" policy, and will certainly be writing tickets for jay walking.
FlacaProductions
Ah - understood. That stinks. Looks like you can make it on the south side of Del Amo all the way to Crenshaw which is where the sidewalk ends heading west. Oh, well....bus it is, I guess.
pete000
I got the special invite as well. will be heading up there Saturday night around 6 to pre stage the car. Only problem is I did not get an general admission for my spouse and I think she might be miffed if she cant go too. Had no idea general admission would sell out. Must be due to fire code regulations. I agree parking for spectators is a nightmare...Always great cars show up though.
914-300Hemi
I will be taking the 911 Targa. Had wife buy tickets as soon as we got the email.
914_7T3
I'l be there with GA tickets as well, but will just park near my office on W Carson St. Plan is to just grab an Uber over as there is a ride share drop off at the main gate. Not worth fighting the masses to park and enter.

smile.gif
terrywen412
I missed out my chance on buying the ticket. Willing to pay for one ticket over the face value. Pleeeeeease message me!
Montreal914
For some dumb reason I waited this week to buy my GA tickets only to find out, like many, that they sold out dry.gif
My wife found a pair of tickets on Facebook and bought them for us cheer.gif

I just read the email about the parking shuttle thing... blink.gif

I was at Luft IV and I thought a good portion of the event is the gathering of Porsche of various flavors, each one has a long story. The event really starts in the parking lot and keeps on getting better.

Looking forward to the event tomorrow. Will it beat last years event?

I will drive my 914 to the visitors parking because that's how you go to these event in my book. driving.gif

Enjoy the event! beerchug.gif

jdamiano
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Mar 14 2018, 11:04 PM) *

Priced out of 356s.
Priced out of 911s.
Priced out of Luftgekült too.

Didn't a '74 914 4 cylinder just sell for $83,000.00?

93,500.00 after Goodings took their fee. I was there. It was nice but wow.Click to view attachment
siverson
i have one extra ga ticket. pm me if needed.

should be a fun show!

-steve
siverson
siverson
siverson
siverson
pete000
All staged and ready to go...Looking like an really big show tomorrow. The 914 group got a great spot in the venue ! and if you need any wood for that next project there seems to be plenty available.
defianty
Great stuff, can't wait to see more.
sb914
Bragger! poke.gif
rgalla9146
Oh, how I'd love to be wandering around that neighborhood as the sun comes up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.