Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 73 911 oil tank
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
Mark B brought up an interesting thought....will the one year only 73 oil tank that had an external body fill work in a 914/6 stock location?
user posted image

user posted image

There's one on ebay...so I would consider it bad manners to grab it if I bid....

Here's a tank from the PP site....

Qarl
I believe the '72s had the external fill.

I may be mistaken.
Joe Bob
amama
lapuwali
QUOTE (Qarl @ Jun 4 2005, 05:51 PM)
I believe the '72s had the external fill.

I may be mistaken.

You're not. The '72 was the one-year-only external fill model.
Joe Bob
Yeah yer right...will the 72 one work?
ClayPerrine
How you gonna get it in the fender? Cut the filler neck off? Cut the fender off?

Also, the filter location is near the top of the tank. You would have to cut the hole in a different location. Also, it doesn't look like the lines would be easy to hook up.

Why are you bothering to try this? A 914 /6 tank is still available, and they fit "like they were made for the car". lol2.gif
Joe Bob
$750 for an oem one is the best I can find.....Vellious tanks WERE selling for $440....seems like they are all gone. GPR wants 700 for their new copy.....next weekish....meaning October....

You got one?
Joe Bob
This is for a budget buxz conversion....
ClayPerrine
You are a couple months too late. I sold the vellios tank and lines I had to DougC.

Try Rich Johnson. He normally has them readily available.

Joe Bob
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jun 4 2005, 08:11 PM)
You are a couple months too late. I sold the vellios tank and lines I had to DougC.

Try Rich Johnson. He normally has them readily available.

Where do ya think the $750 quote is from????

anthony
$750 for an oem one is the best I can find.....

Wasn't it mentioned here recently that people were getting takes directly from Germany for around $550?
Joe Bob
I emailed a German company....haven't heard back yet. Shipping's gotta be a killer though.
SLITS
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW

Ain't OE but would work......
Elliot_Cannon
Is 3.5 quarts enough?
Cheers, Elliot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.