Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Went by Auto Atlanta today. Awesome.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Greg Bell
Saw the collection of 914 holy relics: 916, Gt, the last 914-6s, etc. Man that place is nice. Talked to Dr. 914. He was kind enough to give me plenty of advice about my windshield install and rear break rebuild. Nice guy. Clearly consumed with 914 lore.

I picked up a bunch of parts and tools. Well worth the two hour drive. I saw more 914s today than I have seen in the last 1 years.

I also picked up the "Tech Tips 700 book." That book is going to be standard toilet reading for some time come. chairfall.gif
CptTripps
Yeah, one on one, George is a nice guy to chat with. His business practices and ethics have been debated here ad-nauseum. But the 'museum' he has is definitely something special. Greg is a decent guy to chat with too...

Joe Bob
Did he mention the secret wharehouse???
rick 918-S
QUOTE ("*" @ Jun 4 2005, 07:59 PM)

Mike you dork! cool_shades.gif Your click me is outragous! happy11.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Jun 4 2005, 08:10 PM)
QUOTE ("*" @ Jun 4 2005, 07:59 PM)

Mike you dork! cool_shades.gif Your click me is outragous! happy11.gif

Ummmm, thankyewvery much.... wink.gif
Greg Bell
Secret wahrehouse?
Joe Bob
Try this one.....

A-ron
neo914-6
can't believe I fell for that one...
wacko.gif

swood
QUOTE (Neo914 @ Jun 4 2005, 09:00 PM)
can't believe I fell for that one...
wacko.gif

Me neefer....dang.

Eeeeeuuu......

icon8.gif
redshift
Not me!

M
mike_the_man
Eww indeed! Where's the bunny ears?
meares
i feel for both too!!! sheeesh! wink.gif
meares
anyway back to the......... secret garage
Katmanken
I fell for Brad's "nude chicks" and ended up in the Club store.....

Never did find those nude chicks....... sad.gif

Ken
Joe Bob
QUOTE (Greg Bell @ Jun 4 2005, 08:13 PM)
Secret wahrehouse?

Old joke from when some of the AA ebay ads referred to finds in the Doctor's secret wharehouse.....no one let's him live it down.

AA is kinda of joke around here as well. Do a search and decide for yourself.
jd74914
QUOTE (Greg Bell @ Jun 4 2005, 10:49 PM)
Saw the collection of 914 holy relics: 916, Gt, the last 914-6s, etc. Man that place is nice. Talked to Dr. 914. He was kind enough to give me plenty of advice about my windshield install and rear break rebuild. Nice guy. Clearly consumed with 914 lore.

I picked up a bunch of parts and tools. Well worth the two hour drive. I saw more 914s today than I have seen in the last 1 years.

I also picked up the "Tech Tips 700 book." That book is going to be standard toilet reading for some time come. chairfall.gif

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

biggrin.gif
Dominic
QUOTE (Greg Bell @ Jun 4 2005, 07:49 PM)
Saw the collection of 914 holy relics: 916, Gt, the last 914-6s, etc. Man that place is nice.

Nice!, they must have patched it up since I saw it 2 years ago, it looked like an old wooden building that was sagging and falling apart. I did see his cool Porsche collection thru the glass, but the place in general looked like hell. Just my $.02
mharrison
I've been there within the last two years and I must say, I really enjoyed it. There are alot of great cars to look at there. Prowling through the parts in back is really cool. I really felt like I was somewhere special to a 914 enthusiast.

I wouldn't hesitate to walk in and buy something from them. They are very knowledgable and don't mind spending time with you. I went in the back with greg and dug through the wheel barn looking for a good set of Pedrinis.

However, my experiences with them on the web and over the phone......
I will say they were eventually worked out, but it was a long hard road.

To end on a positive note:
I'm quite sure that anytime I'm in Atlanta I'll be dropping by to see what they've got and pick up some odds and ends.
Joe Bob
That's the problem...they are fine face to face....the mail order, ebay and phone sales suck.....
MoveQik
My wife sent there 4 years ago for a Father's Day gift. I thought the staff was great. The cars were awesome. I have also ordered stuff from them via phone and they were extremely helpful. The parts showed up quickly and as described. Clearly, not everyone was as fortunate as I was. However, I gotta give them a thumbs up based on all of my experiences with them.
Porsche Rescue
If you got the AA cd at WCC 05 take a look . There is a tour of the museum conducted by George.
Joe Bob
Used mine for a frisbee practice with my Yellow Lab.....
Greg Bell
The catalog is awesome. An amazing amount of work must have went into them. A treasure trove for someone like me. However, his tech tips book is even better, it should be considered a must have.
TJB/914
My last purchase from AA was a beautiful set of floor matts with the Porsche 914 logo in Yellow.

I was treated very well by everyone especially Geo.

Tom
BTW
I think George has the largest collection of 914's than anyone on this web. He is the #1 914 collector of rare 914's.
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE (Thomas J Bliznik @ Jun 5 2005, 03:21 PM)
I think George has the largest collection of 914's than anyone on this web. He is the #1 914 collector of rare 914's.

There were more 914-6's built after the much storied "THE LAST SIX", though.

Yes, a very nice collection of 914 stuff indeed. George is a nice guy in person, no doubt. I'm court ordered to say no more happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.