Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Four cylinder representatives at Sebring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
troth
Click to view attachment
Good company. The only 356 and 914 in the corral.

Was hoping to see more from Florida’s 914 community, I know y’all are out there but I didn’t see a single other one unless you were hiding in green park. Maybe next year for the 25 hours of Sebring there will be more action.

Got one lap in on the parade laps before race control shut it down. I saw three 911s in my rear view mirror go into the dirt in turn 1. Very scary, think everyone missed the wall though. That is until turn 16 when a red 996 went into the tire barrier. Saw he had Florida State Seminole tags which fully explains the incident!!! lol-2.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(troth @ Mar 18 2018, 09:35 AM) *
Got one lap in on the parade laps before race control shut it down. I saw three 911s in my rear view mirror go into the dirt in turn 1. Very scary, think everyone missed the wall though. That is until turn 16 when a red 996 went into the tire barrier. Saw he had Florida State Seminole tags which fully explains the incident!!! lol-2.gif

On a parade lap?
WTF.gif
Jetsetsurfshop
Nice picture. beerchug.gif
Will be there next year.
troth
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 18 2018, 01:10 PM) *

On a parade lap?
WTF.gif

Pace car was really hauling ass I think. I pulled through the gate on to the front straight and had open road ahead. When you are behind the wheel of a Porsche I don’t think there is anybody that wouldn’t put their foot to the floor. Where they went wrong was trying to keep up with the little 914 in the turns. bootyshake.gif

But I agree, a little ridiculous. The debriefing afterwards was entertaining to say the least. I will be disappointed when a select few person’s irresponsibility ruins this tradition for the rest of us next year.

They said somebody was being pretty hostile to the official pace car driver because they brought an Audi? Maybe that’s why the “pace” was so quick. He might have been driving in anger...
wndsrfr
Was sure good to see the mid-engine 911 take the honors.... aktion035.gif
pete000
Reminds me of back in 81 when I got to do the parade lap everyone took off and passed the pace car balls out. I was in a 924 and saw an early 911 long hood blow his engine on the long back straight. Good times! Neat it hasn’t changed after all these years.
PatrickB
Was this last week? I was in Florida, but not with a 914...
Jetta Diesel. Would have been fun to watch though!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.