Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone near Tacoma who could eyeball a car for me?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
You favorite adult beverage will be forthcoming if you can!

rhodyguy
I live 5 miles from the city limits. Pm sent.

Is it the orange 73' in Spanaway?
Tdskip
PM and email sent.

Thanks Kevin!
Tdskip
Oh well, the guy just sold it out from underneath me this way promising he wasn't going to.
rhodyguy
I guess when I called for you and he texted me "I'm too busy to talk right now", he was too busy counting C-notes. The car will surface. Only a matter of time. Better luck on the next one. sad.gif btw, the "sold" notation was not in the ad the first time I looked at it. 15 minutes and POOF, gone.
Tdskip
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 19 2018, 02:14 PM) *

I guess when I called for you and he texted me "I'm too busy to talk right now", he was too busy counting C-notes. The car will surface. Only a matter of time. Better luck on the next one. sad.gif btw, the "sold" notation was not in the ad the first time I looked at it. 15 minutes and POOF, gone.

I very much appreciate the offer to help Kevin, that was very generous of you.

Side note. The seller made a point of telling me that he was an honorable guy and that he would be good to work with. Uh huh...
Beach914
The thrill and disappointment of the chase....you never know how its going to go. Had some sold while I was driving over to view many times. Also had some successes. I bought a 70 Flared Sixer project on CL after talking with the owner for 90 minutes and setting up a meeting to see the car later in the week. Jim, the owner and a great guy, pulled the ad from CL until we had a chance to meet. That was real cool. I bought the car no haggling, part because he was a straight up guy and plus it was a heck of a deal.
Keep your head up and never give up there are always other ones out there.
rhodyguy
For those following...it was a $4.5k car.
EdwardBlume
Weird. I thought WA folks loved CA folks?
EdwardBlume
Besides, most people up there are from CA. cheer.gif
rhodyguy
Not quite, yet.wink.gif
scallyk9
QUOTE(Edward Blume @ Mar 19 2018, 12:42 PM) *

Haha! Yes, they came in droves in the late eighties, early nineties and drove our real estate market way up. There were even editorials in the Seattle newspapers against the Californication of Washington. New arrivals even bought dealer license frames to look like they weren't new arrivals. Fun times.
Beach914
Happening in Colorado too.....Moved my family there for 8 years when I worked for Ingersoll Rand.
Larmo63
NOBODY who lives here in California is really from here. They all clog the humongous freeways going to their pointless jobs in their boring cars.

Some even speak English.
QUOTE(Edward Blume @ Mar 19 2018, 12:42 PM) *

That is totally wrong!

I’m from AZ!
EdwardBlume
I lived there from 1993-1994. Good times mostly. Dirt poor, building kayaks, grunge, and short or long days. Didn't notice the rain after awhile, but the "original" WA people can be...... strange. I have about 600 relatives and growing in the PNW. Great place to visit.
rhodyguy
So much for the 'political'... dry.gif biggrin.gif

Strange? dry.gif do tell. Please! The weirdos were ALL from ELSEWHERE! wink.gif

A couple of phrases from the Microsoft boom years. 'Welcome to Washington! Now go home!' 'Don't californicate Washington' 'where did all of these californicators come from?'. Bumper stickers plenty. I subscribed to none of the mind set.
Mikey914
We got most of the wierdos here in Portland, heck they even made a TV show. The really funny thing is it wrote itself, most all of the content was derived from actual events.
rhodyguy
'Put a bird on it!'. biggrin.gif alas, no more portlandia. sad.gif
DRPHIL914
its like that here in South Carolina, those that have moved here in the past 20 years now outnumber those that were born and grew up here- we moved from MN/Iowa 25 years ago, all 3 daughters were born here, its home to them as it is for our son that was less than a year old when we moved. it is what it is because its the loss of rural America 40 years ago 50% of America lived in small towns and rural America. Now, less than 10% - its a similar shift to what happened for a period of time around the time of the industrial revolution at the turn of the last century.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.