Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB - stock 911 front camber plate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
stugray
I ordered the front monoballs from Elephant racing and they dont fit quite right.

I cant tighten the nut down far enough to get the cir-clip on.

SO I tried another camber plate I had in my parts stash and they FIT!

Called Elephant and they said that the 911 camber plates are just a couple millimeters shorter so the monoballs fit.

Does anyone have a stock 911 camber plate?
You cannot visually tell the difference without measuring.

If you are not sure, I can get the measurement, but would probably need to provide a picture.
bdstone914
QUOTE(stugray @ Mar 21 2018, 06:29 PM) *

I ordered the front monoballs from Elephant racing and they dont fit quite right.

Called Elephant and they said that the 911 camber plates are just a couple millimeters shorter so the monoballs fit.

If you are not sure, I can get the measurement, but would probably need to provide a picture.

There are short and tall camber plates used. Not just a 911 plates. Post s picture of what you have. I do not see why either will not work with monoballs
stugray
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Mar 22 2018, 03:19 AM) *

There are short and tall camber plates used. Not just a 911 plates. Post s picture of what you have. I do not see why either will not work with monoballs

The "short" camber plate is what I need. They are only different by about 2 mm, but that is enough to keep the upper nut of the monoball from threading down far enough to put in the external C-clip that goes above the nut.

So I need one of the "shorter of the two" types, or just run without the clip.

I can get pictures of the measurement this evening.
mskala
QUOTE(stugray @ Mar 22 2018, 02:51 PM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Mar 22 2018, 03:19 AM) *

The "short" camber plate is what I need. They are only different by about 2 mm, but that is enough to keep the upper nut of the monoball from threading down far enough to put in the external C-clip that goes above the nut.

So I need one of the "shorter of the two" types, or just run without the clip.

I can get pictures of the measurement this evening.

I had this problem a few years ago. I didn't know there were different plates at the time. So I put the nut in the lathe and took a bit off it.
bdstone914
Here are pictures of the two variations. Sorry for the up side down image. I do not under stand the fit problem. I have found these on 914s. Same Porsche number used for both cars. 911 341 018 00. Used on 911 from 1970-1989 and 1970 - 1976 914.
bdstone914
More pictures
bdstone914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Mar 22 2018, 07:14 PM) *

More pictures

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.