Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: early 914 speculation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1970 Neun vierzehn
Going thru my back issues of R&T, I came upon this interesting bit of speculation with regard to our soon-to-be produced 914......

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

1970 Neun vierzehn
Sorry for the sideway orientation, but the pics are vertical in my file confused24.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Mar 21 2018, 07:27 PM) *

Sorry for the sideway orientation, but the pics are vertical in my file confused24.gif

You need to learn how to take pictures with your phone and not depend on the auto-rotation of your viewing software of choice to rotate them for you.
poke.gif

Other than that, nice article!
smilie_pokal.gif
SirAndy

Fixed 'em for ya ...
beerchug.gif
Montreal914
Nice article.
Not sure I see a 904 ressemblance blink.gif other than the mechanical layout.
Interesting to see that the 916 front bumper/valance inspirations was already there on the picture.
Tom_T
I remember reading that one while in my senior year in high school .... now that I've read it again.

Nice find! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 21 2018, 06:31 PM) *

Fixed 'em for ya ...
beerchug.gif

danke beerchug.gif
pete000
Neat !
SKL1
Probably still have that issue in the attic somewhere... back when the first P+A dealerships were opening, one of my best friends and I got to drive an early euro model 4 from Minneapolis to Cedar Rapids, IA for the opening of the new Gruber Porsche+Audi dealership. Quite a trip for a couple college kids!
1970 Neun vierzehn
from October 1969 R&T, an early "spy" photo of a 914/6......
r_towle
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 21 2018, 10:46 PM) *

I remember reading that one while in my senior year in high school .... now that I've read it again.

Nice find! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

so,
you were a señor in HS during the summer of love?
JmuRiz
Very good info, they had better insiders than current ‘future cars’

Front looks a lot like the Piech /8, same headlights and oval cooler cutout.
maxwelj
I read that article, and others like it, and then went to a travel agent and ordered my -6 for delivery in Europe, where I was going to be stationed with the army. Picked it up in Brussels in April of 70 and had it ever since!
jkb944t
QUOTE(maxwelj @ Apr 9 2018, 10:44 AM) *

I read that article, and others like it, and then went to a travel agent and ordered my -6 for delivery in Europe, where I was going to be stationed with the army. Picked it up in Brussels in April of 70 and had it ever since!

Very cool story and a great decision looking back!

Jeff B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.