Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Porsche Fuchs wheels SOLD!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Nacho
Original 911 Fuchs wheels. 16x7 and 16x6. No curb rash anywhere. $2000 OBO

Click to view attachment
EJ1970914/6
Great looking set did these come off a 1980s Carrera and is this polished or Chrome ?
Nacho
QUOTE(EJ1970914/6 @ Mar 22 2018, 08:53 AM) *

Great looking set did these come off a 1980s Carrera and is this polished or Chrome ?

I’ve been told they did come off an 80’s Carrera but don’t know how to verify that. The wheels are polished and clear coated from factory. They don’t look like they have ever been reworked or refinished. The numeration on the back of the wheels is:

911 361 020 44
911 361 020 43
brant
Nacho....

I don't think the factory EVER put out polished wheels
all of the 16's in the 80's were anodized solid black
someone else stripped and polished these, perhaps before you owned them.
mepstein
QUOTE(brant @ Mar 22 2018, 12:13 PM) *

Nacho....

agree.gif SC’s. Black center. I’ve sold a bunch of them for $1k per set. Polished may get you a bit more. I would try pelican and earlysreg
mskala
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 22 2018, 12:19 PM) *

Nacho....

agree.gif SC’s. Black center. I’ve sold a bunch of them for $1k per set.

Technically, the black center is just paint, under that is the anodizing. The anodizing under
the paint is not shiny and uniform, so it's not like you can just strip the paint and have
a polished-looking wheel.

mepstein
QUOTE(mskala @ Mar 22 2018, 12:25 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 22 2018, 12:19 PM) *

Nacho....

agree.gif SC’s. Black center. I’ve sold a bunch of them for $1k per set.

Technically, the black center is just paint, under that is the anodizing. The anodizing under
the paint is not shiny and uniform, so it's not like you can just strip the paint and have
a polished-looking wheel.

Right, they anodized the whole wheel and then painted the center, leaving the lips clear anodized.
EJ1970914/6
Good looking set and seem to be in good shape. A lot of CA cars had wheels polished out like this in the 80s and 90s
Not so much here on the east coast.
Nacho
Good to know that these have previously been restored I had no clue! Original posting has been edited to remove my original comment about never been restored.

-Nacho
type47fan
Beautiful wheels. I've always like the polished look.

Are there balancing weights or labels of some sort on them? Or am I just seeing a background reflection on the horizontal polished lip?

Thanks
Nacho
QUOTE(type47fan @ Mar 22 2018, 11:26 PM) *

Are there balancing weights or labels of some sort on them? Or am I just seeing a background reflection on the horizontal polished lip?

Thanks

The PO had polished balancing weights installed to match the finish of the wheels. Really nice wheels I just can’t use them because I’m installing AA flares on my car and will be installing my other set of Fuchs that are wider.

Nacho
Nacho
Price Lowered $2200 OBO icon_bump.gif
burton73
QUOTE(Nacho @ Mar 22 2018, 09:43 PM) *

Thanks

The PO had polished balancing weights installed to match the finish of the wheels. Really nice wheels I just can’t use them because I’m installing AA flares on my car and will be installing my other set of Fuchs that are wider.

Nacho

Just to point it out. Always ask for your balance weights to be on the inner side of the Fuchs wheel so you do not see them.

Nacho,

What wheels are you going with?

Bob B
Nacho
QUOTE(burton73 @ Mar 23 2018, 09:14 PM) *

QUOTE(Nacho @ Mar 22 2018, 09:43 PM) *

Thanks

Nacho

Just to point it out. Always ask for your balance weights to be on the inner side of the Fuchs wheel so you do not see them.

Nacho,

What wheels are you going with?

Bob B

I found that to be weird also Bob. I didnt have them balanced, I actually purchased them this way. My plan is to run my other set of 911 Fuchs that are 16x7 & 16x8's because of the AA GT Flares im installing on my car.

-Nacho
Nacho
Lowered $2000 icon_bump.gif
Nacho
icon_bump.gif
BENBRO02
QUOTE(BENBRO02 @ Mar 27 2018, 06:13 PM) *

Do you have 8s on the front and 7s on the back because of fitment issues?

There's a guy selling a backdated 75 that appears to have 8s on the front and 7s on the back. Maybe you could do a trade?
Nacho
QUOTE(BENBRO02 @ Mar 27 2018, 05:18 PM) *

QUOTE(BENBRO02 @ Mar 27 2018, 06:13 PM) *

Do you have 8s on the front and 7s on the back because of fitment issues?

There's a guy selling a backdated 75 that appears to have 8s on the front and 7s on the back. Maybe you could do a trade?

Good Idea but i'm really looking to sell these wheels to fund some work i need done on my engine.

Thanks

Nacho
Price Reduced....$1800

-Nacho
cal44
Porsche never had weights on the outside of Fuchs. Always inside. Fuchs were always anodized never polished.
Putting weights on the outside of any wheel does nothing.
I always have weights on the inside from hobby cars to tow vehicles.

If I have written incorrectly then please advise.
Nacho
QUOTE(cal44 @ Mar 28 2018, 10:12 AM) *

Porsche never had weights on the outside of Fuchs. Always inside. Fuchs were always anodized never polished.

Awesome forensics analysis there but we covered this matter days ago! Again the previous owner had them polished and installed balancing weights on the outside of the wheel. That said, it’s not that critical they are held on by double sided tape! It will come off.

Thanks for the info
Iq
rasam
QUOTE(Nacho @ Mar 28 2018, 07:25 AM) *

Price Reduced....$1800

-Nacho

If I had a five lug setup, I would be all over these. These wheels are in really nice condition. GLWTS
EJ1970914/6
QUOTE(Nacho @ Mar 28 2018, 10:52 AM) *

Awesome forensics analysis there but we covered this matter days ago! Again the previous owner had them polished and installed balancing weights on the outside of the wheel. That said, it’s not that critical they are held on by double sided tape! It will come off.

Thanks for the info
Iq

FYI Proper way to balance the Front Fuchs wheels is to have the weights on the OUTSIDE lip. Not on the inside.

biggrin.gif
Nacho
QUOTE(EJ1970914/6 @ Mar 29 2018, 06:59 PM) *

QUOTE(Nacho @ Mar 28 2018, 10:52 AM) *

Thanks for the info
Iq

FYI Proper way to balance the Front Fuchs wheels is to have the weights on the OUTSIDE lip. Not on the inside.

biggrin.gif

Thank you for that! And that said Wheels have sold!!! Thank you to all that actually provided useful information you are all awesome! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.