Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Classic Symptoms
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Red-Beard
Opened the tranny to finally install the LSD. Uh, that doesn't look right..... cool_shades.gif

Fortunately, I have extra bearings lying around...

and an extra pair of 5th gear...

messix
ahhh those light weight low drag bearings.

uber trick. rocking nana.gif
hmeeder
James;

Personally I think the quarter was part of the problem. Next time I would leave that part out. Don't think it was standard issue. cool_shades.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (hmeeder @ Jun 5 2005, 02:41 PM)
James;

Personally I think the quarter was part of the problem. Next time I would leave that part out. Don't think it was standard issue. cool_shades.gif

lol2.gif
john rogers
Well James, that's what happens with those big HP RSR motors like you're running!!!
redshift
QUOTE (hmeeder @ Jun 5 2005, 05:41 PM)
James;

Personally I think the quarter was part of the problem.  Next time I would leave that part out.  Don't think it was standard issue. cool_shades.gif

Herb, the instructions plainly say to use '1/4 spacers'.... rolleyes.gif

Now that Paul has seen James trick of shaving 4.3 grams off his weight.. again: rolleyes.gif

M
URY914
I'm on it. ohmy.gif

Remove every other bearing from the race.

Damn why didn't I think of that....

Great tip, thanks. beer.gif
Red-Beard
Maybe you'd like the super light weight, ball-less, bearings... burnout.gif
Red-Beard
And John, I wouldn't be surprised that the engine had something to do with this....

Margarita says: "What do you expect from a 35 year old car."

Thanks. wacko.gif
messix
the quarter is the new hot ticket for buget bimetal thrust washers.

cheap.... only cost a quarter, but don't let A/A hear about it they'll try to corner the market and raise the price to $5.00.
Dr Evil
smilie_pokal.gif I see that you managed to spend some quality time with your car finally. If you leave the tranny all torn apart on the bench, she will beg you to go work on it some more (it may sound like, "you need to clean up that mess", but we hear what we hear.) wink.gif

I will be picking up the sound paint tomarrow hopefully.....
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Jun 5 2005, 09:06 PM)
smilie_pokal.gif I see that you managed to spend some quality time with your car finally. If you leave the tranny all torn apart on the bench, she will beg you to go work on it some more (it may sound like, "you need to clean up that mess", but we hear what we hear.) wink.gif

I will be picking up the sound paint tomarrow hopefully.....

Dammit Evil!!! Now that you clued Betty in, I am going to have to find "alternative" ways to get out to the garage to work on my car!!! You NEVER let the Toolwenches find out things like this. You are cramping everyone's style.

Actually, she is really good at giving me a swift kick in the butt to get me moving on my car. She wants me to have it running for the MUSR!

Red-Beard
Unfortunately, the tranny gets to sit next to the car for 2 weeks now...Mexico city this coming weekend. And I still need to pull the carbs to reseal the accellerator pump diaphragms. And occasionally, mow the lawn. OH, and locate the oil leak on top of the engine....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.