Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear lid hinge springs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chip
Had to remove the spring rods that assist the trunk lid opening. Haynes book says to get the tool, P304 to leverage them back in under the plastic rollers. Any other ideas to get these back where they belong? Don't ever,ever take these springs out!
Chip
QUOTE(Chip @ Mar 22 2018, 05:40 PM) *

Had to remove the spring rods that assist the trunk lid opening. Haynes book says to get the tool, P304 to leverage them back in under the plastic rollers. Any other ideas to get these back where they belong? Don't ever,ever take these springs out!

I asked my sweet wife. She had the answer. And the muscle. With a long enough
lever, you can lift the world.
I have some early Porsche posters, (large framed pictoral history of models), brochures,
old parts catalogs. Who wants 'em.
Probably selling my 914. Looking for local 914 owners in my area who can respond and help.
Bobco
You use a 12 " cresent wrench and cut a slot on one side wide enough to get the spring out later.Slip it over the end and leverage it under the spring hinge.Be careful. Wear leather gloves and safety glasses.Good Luck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.